PDA

View Full Version : Name the beastie!

Mr Cookie Bun
21-04-2009, 07:56 AM
I've just opened a bag of Excel junior and dwarf pellets which I bought last night. It's crawling with wee caterpillar type things. They're a creamy colour and some of them have made cocoons round the excel. Can anyone tell me what these are? Obviously my buns are going hungry - I can't feed them beasties! My apologies if this is in the wrong section - didn't have a clue where to put it :lol:

donnamt
21-04-2009, 07:59 AM
ewwwwwwwwwwwww.. maybe a fly got in???

i hate summer :evil::evil::evil::evil:

Mr Cookie Bun
21-04-2009, 08:03 AM
ewwwwwwwwwwwww.. maybe a fly got in???

i hate summer :evil::evil::evil::evil:

Me too! I'm going to take it back to the shop - I only bought it last night and I didn't even open it till this morning :evil:

hurricanhoney
21-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Write to the manufacturers and complain also. :shock:

KarenM
21-04-2009, 09:54 AM
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Eeeew, gross!

I bought a new bag of Excel last night - I'm too scared to open it now. :shock:

~ Cat ~
21-04-2009, 09:56 AM
YUCK SPEW VOMIT:shock:

Get a letter written to Excel get some freebies!!!

louise and Gus
21-04-2009, 10:07 AM
I'm scared to ask but are they maggots :mrgreen:

Mr Cookie Bun
21-04-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm scared to ask but are they maggots :mrgreen:

No - not maggots. Very small caterpillar type things - they seem to all be trying to spin cocoons round the pellets :?. I'll definatly be writing to the manufacturers - when I went back to the shop they gave me another bag. I got them to tip it all out and there was more in that bag as well (same batch number and best before date) So now my bunnies don't have any pellets because I can't get to P@H till Saturday :cry:

giantbunnymummy
21-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Yuck!!!! I wonder if loads of people will have beasties in their excel :shock:

Definitely write to manufacturers - could be some good bunny freebies for you.

Dylans_Mam
21-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Eek, i got a bag on Sunday. I have opened it but have not noticed any strangers living in there, i will have to double check now! eeewwwwww:shock: