• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Name the beastie!

Mr Cookie Bun

Mama Doe
I've just opened a bag of Excel junior and dwarf pellets which I bought last night. It's crawling with wee caterpillar type things. They're a creamy colour and some of them have made cocoons round the excel. Can anyone tell me what these are? Obviously my buns are going hungry - I can't feed them beasties! My apologies if this is in the wrong section - didn't have a clue where to put it :lol:

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Eeeew, gross!

I bought a new bag of Excel last night - I'm too scared to open it now. :shock:

I'm scared to ask but are they maggots :mrgreen:

No - not maggots. Very small caterpillar type things - they seem to all be trying to spin cocoons round the pellets :?. I'll definatly be writing to the manufacturers - when I went back to the shop they gave me another bag. I got them to tip it all out and there was more in that bag as well (same batch number and best before date) So now my bunnies don't have any pellets because I can't get to P@H till Saturday :cry:

Yuck!!!! I wonder if loads of people will have beasties in their excel :shock:

Definitely write to manufacturers - could be some good bunny freebies for you.

Eek, i got a bag on Sunday. I have opened it but have not noticed any strangers living in there, i will have to double check now! eeewwwwww:shock:

Back