• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

These are my options what do u think

mrshorsy

Warren Scout
Right stage one of Gwens new home was completed this weekend ie patio laid and shed ordered.

What I cant decide is should I attatch my run on to the side of the shed or not. Its 6ft x 4ft by 3ft and attatching would mean she'd have the shed and the run at all times but on concrete. Or should I leave the run un attatched for use on the garden when the weathers fit which would mean less space but she'd still get to chomp on grass.
:?

I'd link um. You can always chop grass or get a cheap fold out run for summer grazing. She'll get much more use if its attached.

Or plan B. Attach it with bolts an padlocks so you can move it if you want :)

Thanks Its on the new patio at the mo and she looked less than impressed at the lack of yummy grass under foot! I was also a bit worried as to weather shed get sore feet not being on grass.

I agree with Tamsin my walk in run is on concrete attached to the playhouse. I have a tray with grass grown in it and I pick grass for the litter tray.

Is she a rex? They have thin fur on their feet, otherwise rabbits are generally fine on concrete/paving as they have such thin fur pads :)

My run is on paving slabs but think the bunnies like having the space 24/7. I have a small run to go on grass on nice days but to be honest I think they are happiest in their "main home" with the extra space. I put cut grass in for them to nibble but also buy rolls of turf from B&Q to lay in part of it. That way they can have a nibble and a scratch about. The rolls dry out after a bit (you need to water them regularly) and the buns nibble the grass short but as they are only £2.50 it doesn't cost a fortune to replace them.

My rabbit is a Rex and he is on concrete. I let him on the grass for a bit when I get home but generally it is on the patio. Will soon be there 24/7 as I, too, am building a playhouse with run attached on the patio. He doesn't have sore hocks - not ALL rexes do - it's only that they are predisposed to it more than other breeds.

Thanks for the replies guys,
have decided to attatch run especially as hoping Gwen will soo have a husbun and I'm out at work 3 days a week so it will def give them more freedom.:D
Thanks for the turf tip! I'd like to get hold of a giant tray to grow some in, something like the bottom of a nero cage, any ideas?

Back