• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you identify this plant?

Maria786

Warren Scout
These grow in my front garden and my rabbit ate some today. He isn't ill or anything but I was concerned nonetheless. A white liquid seeps out when they are picked as it shows in photo no 2 (in the middle)

20042009778.jpg

20042009777.jpg

It looks like it could be a euphorbia, the sap can cause burns on the skin, so I would not advice letting the rabbits eat it.

It's euphorbia and the leaves, flowers and saps are poisonous to rabbits, though I'm not sure how poisonous. Google rabbits and euphorbia or similar wording and see what comes up. Hopefully, it will be just a mild irritation, but it's a long time since I swotted up on it.

I agree, I think it's euphorbia. It's milky sap is harmful to humans and certainly harmful to bunnies.

we had euphorbia in our garden-horrible stuff it spreads like:censored: and chokes everything.I know its a skin irritant but since the bunnies came on the go [and before I knew of RU] the euphorbia has gone:shock:.I dont know if they've eaten it or peed on it and made it die,but none of the bunnies have been ill.

Euphorbia can cause dangerous swelling and burning in the mouth and throat, certainly in humans so probably rabbits too- I would get a vet to have a look today

Back