• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Uppy-eared Buns Deliberately Cause Their Ears To Lop?

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
Have just given Toffee a little bum clip and face trim bless him and when I put him back in the kennel it sent off a bit of a 'Groom-Fest' :lol:
All 3 were licking eachother and themselves :love:
Pickle was grooming his ears and was deliberately lopping them, but I thought this must have been with aid of his little paw, but he randomly lopped his ear for a few seconds, looked at Toffee, went to groom it when Ghostie came barging up to groom his nose :shock:

:shock::lol::lol::lol:
My harvey used to do this too... so i guess so... :roll:
Also toffee was an uppyeared bun when he was a baby.... and now his a lop :roll: dont know what happend there.. :lol:

:shock::lol::lol::lol:
My harvey used to do this too... so i guess so... :roll:
Also toffee was an uppyeared bun when he was a baby.... and now his a lop :roll: dont know what happend there.. :lol:

Yeah, that happens quite a lot.. The pet shop 5's Jo went loppy-eared, it so was so strange.
Do you reckon that they look in the mirror and think.. oh I'd look pretty hot lopped and practice while they're groomins and it sticks? :lol:

Yeah, that happens quite a lot.. The pet shop 5's Jo went loppy-eared, it so was so strange.
Do you reckon that they look in the mirror and think.. oh I'd look pretty hot lopped and practice while they're groomins and it sticks? :lol:

Ogs actually does look at himself in the mirror and poses.
:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sora does this :wave: Every so often she will point one ear forward and it just keeps going down and down…and down…until it’s past the point of being horizontal :lol: We keep wondering if she has some lop genes in her, or maybe she has some giant breed gene from somewhere down the line because at times her big ears look weighed down by their size/weight :shock:

...or maybe she's just doing it to win extra cute points :love:

i think they can. If i stroke jelly round her eyes she closes her eyes and goes all relaxed and her ear doesnt flop 100% but it does halfway. and Domino flops his other ear aswell :lol: when they get stroked bless them :lol:

i think they can. If i stroke jelly round her eyes she closes her eyes and goes all relaxed and her ear doesnt flop 100% but it does halfway. and Domino flops his other ear aswell :lol: when they get stroked bless them :lol:

Does PB do this as well?
God I'm a funny one :lol:
Yeah, my three do that, their ickle ears go forward.
Well Lou, Alison and Kris reckoned Pickle may have a bit of lop in him. Have never seen a bun deliberately lop their ear like that and then pop it back up again :lol:

they can easily have "helicopter ear" if it is too hot. In a case like that, spray water on the fur side of the ear will work nicely

they can easily have "helicopter ear" if it is too hot. In a case like that, spray water on the fur side of the ear will work nicely
It wasn't particularly hot and their kennel is in the shade.
It was while grooming and was a voluntary action.

Truffle can put her ears up and down as she wants. if we shake the treat jar the ears go up and stay up for about half an hour - she then looks like an up eared rabbit. Also, she has them up when bounding around the house and they normally gradually go down as she relaxes. I thought it was just because she is still a baby - well 6 months now!

Does PB do this as well?
God I'm a funny one :lol:
Yeah, my three do that, their ickle ears go forward.
Well Lou, Alison and Kris reckoned Pickle may have a bit of lop in him. Have never seen a bun deliberately lop their ear like that and then pop it back up again :lol:

lol no bcus peanut is lopped already! :lol:

Our uppy ears can all move one ear down at a time to wash it... so it's at about 45 degrees angle to their head. They do look wierd with them like this :D

We have 3 helicopter lops too, although it seems to be an alert / tension thing. One was a full lop before she went to the vets for spaying, she came home with a buster collar on and was uppy eared for a couple of months - now she is back to helicopter! Another has lopped ears when she is completely relaxed.. but she is the guard bunny of the group and her ears spend most of their time in helicopter mode! And Crackers occasionally is lopped but is mainly helicopter eared too!

Back