• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't decide what to do for the best for my buns!

Hello

As you may know, I have 2 brothers, Eric and Ernie living in their 10 x 6 shed with run attached.

In December, I got their half sister, Honey and she has lived indoors.

Please help, as I am in real turmoil now as to what I should do for Honey.

She loves being indoors with us, and so enjoys her cuddles and playtime.

However, she often sits looking out of the patio window. I'm sure she would love some playtime in the garden.

Part of me thinks, I should try and bond her with the boys, and hope they all get along.

Another part of me thinks I should get her a playhouse for the daytime and bring her in at tnight with us.

And another part thinks she should be out all day and night in a playhouse and me go and sit with her for a few hours!

I have a run in the garden I would like to put her in, but not sure if this would set the boys off.

I don't want her to be lonley, but I also think, maybe she would love living with the boys.

Sorry it's if I'm not being clear. I am so confused as to what's best for all 3 in the long run

Any advice???

I think try to bond her with the boys. The only problem is if it doesn't work you might end up with three singles but I am sure that won't happen. Have you got a rescue near you you could send them off on a holiday as it usually works better in another environment.

I think try to bond her with the boys. The only problem is if it doesn't work you might end up with three singles but I am sure that won't happen. Have you got a rescue near you you could send them off on a holiday as it usually works better in another environment.

i agree... i would try and bond her with the boys.

I'm rubbish at replies to threads (even my own:oops::oops:)
I've tried 3 times now, trying to explain my fears of bonding, so I've given up now!!!!

I guess if I don't give it a try, I'll never know.
I would just have to be prepared if it didn't work out.

Here are their personalities!!

Eric - dominant one who likes to be in charge of Ernie. Nips his bum all the time and eats food first etc. BUT, he has always come off worst when they have had fights (none for a while now thankfully). I think Ernie defends himself well!!

Ernie: Submissive and treads carefully where Eric is concerned and knows when not to take advantage. Very sweet!!

Honey: Cuddly, affectionate girl, but knows what she wants and if you don't give her what she wants, watch out. She'll chew you out of house and home!!!

I guess, I am also worried that Honey will not get all the affection that she loves. What if she gets on o.k with the boys, but doesn't feel as loved!!

I would love her to have bunny company all day, but not if she misses our affections instead.

I think it could be a tough bonding - Dominence would be between Eric and Honey would be my guess, but there is no way of knowing if you don't try!

Oooooooooooh help!!!!

Any volunteers for a bonding week? 2 boys and 1 girl??

I'm rubbish at replies to threads (even my own:oops::oops:)
I've tried 3 times now, trying to explain my fears of bonding, so I've given up now!!!!

I guess if I don't give it a try, I'll never know.
I would just have to be prepared if it didn't work out.

Here are their personalities!!

Eric - dominant one who likes to be in charge of Ernie. Nips his bum all the time and eats food first etc. BUT, he has always come off worst when they have had fights (none for a while now thankfully). I think Ernie defends himself well!!

Ernie: Submissive and treads carefully where Eric is concerned and knows when not to take advantage. Very sweet!!

Honey: Cuddly, affectionate girl, but knows what she wants and if you don't give her what she wants, watch out. She'll chew you out of house and home!!!

I guess, I am also worried that Honey will not get all the affection that she loves. What if she gets on o.k with the boys, but doesn't feel as loved!!

I would love her to have bunny company all day, but not if she misses our affections instead.

I think it could be a tough bonding - Dominence would be between Eric and Honey would be my guess, but there is no way of knowing if you don't try!

Oooooooooooh help!!!!

Any volunteers for a bonding week? 2 boys and 1 girl??

Send them down ;)

Back