• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Third bun?

Third bun? Yes or No

• Yes three is fine

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No three is a crowd

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other - please post

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Long story short - My sister is moving to Ireland in September.

They have a bunny called Harvey and he is lovely :love:

Now I personally don't think my sister is brilliant with Harvey have tried giving her loads of advice etc but it doesn't get me anywhere. He does get his vacs etc its mainly his accomadation.

She might not be taking him to Ireland and I have said DO NOT just give him to anyone. But I'm trying to work out if I could bond him into my two, but I've never wanted a group of 3 as I have always worried 1 would get left out.
Also would need a rescue to do the bonding for me (would donate of course), but as my Alfie is poorly don't want to upset him and he has to come first.

The other option is I find him a rescue place and I will donate money monthly to that rescue until he is found a home. I only live in a one bed flat so can't keep him at mine that's why I would need a rescue to house him for me.

She might end up taking him but with out being to horrible to my sister I hope she doesn't so Harvey can get a wonderful home. Whenever I go round there he always settles down for a nose rub and happy teeth grinds :love:

I have a trio and they all snuggle together, they all have their turns on their own when moving around but they mainly stick together.
i would consider taking him as then you knowhe will have a good home.. with you.
You could try and bond him to your current two after your other one gets better?
But it is all up to you, the rescue idea also sounds like a good idea.
goodluck i hope it all works out for the little bun xx :wave:

Thanks.

I don't think Alfie will ever be better as he has a 'possible' heart problem so it will be a case of keeping him happy on meds.

I don't know this for certain but will find out at his heart scan a week on wednesday.

Thanks.

I don't think Alfie will ever be better as he has a 'possible' heart problem so it will be a case of keeping him happy on meds.

I don't know this for certain but will find out at his heart scan a week on wednesday.

i hope alfies scan goes ok.
keep us updated one what you intend to do :):wave:

In theory three should work out. I think if I was in that situation and knew the rabbit I'd want to keep it as I would worry about it.

Personally I would not put a Rabbit with a suspected heart problem through the stress of a bonding into a group of three.

Personally I would not put a Rabbit with a suspected heart problem through the stress of a bonding into a group of three.

I definately agree with this. As you said in the first post Alfie has to come first and you have to think about what Alfie could possibly gain from adding a third bunny

Back