• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dandelions

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
:wave:
just a quick question, do buns eat the whole dandelion or just the leaf?
Barnes loves the leaf but not sure if he should have the flower and stem as well. and will he wet the bed as humans are supposed to do?!!!

Ah, just the question I wanted answering. My other half and I were having a debate about dandelion heads for the buns today.

I hate it when he's right :lol:

I picked a huge bunch for mine today and they ate everything, but the guineapigs left the head.

They can have the whole dandelion, leaf, stem and flower :) Dont give too many flowers though as they can cause buns to pass alot of water (wet the beds, as the saying goes :lol: ) I pick dandelions daily for our buns, they get about 2 flowers each, and then lots of leaves :)

xXx

ooh thats grand!!
have a big patch of dandy's next to the garden, will introduce barnes to the flowers over the next couple of days!!:D

yup thye can have any part or all of the dandilion plant dora prefers leaves but coco loves stems and flowers! x

My two numptys don't like any part of dandelions :shock: what sort of bunnys don't like dandelions for goodness sake :roll:

My two numptys don't like any part of dandelions :shock: what sort of bunnys don't like dandelions for goodness sake :roll:

:lol::lol:
Mine dont like them either :roll: Although not tried any with Fudge yet, will se if she is my only 'real' bunny and eat one :lol:

i also wanted to know this :wave::oops:
I have one out in the front garden so im going to take some of its leaves wash them and give them to the buns.
i am going to wait for it to seed so i can plant its seeds :lol: :love:

:wave:
first dandy head (well half of one) went down a treat!! havn't tried a stem yet, want to take it slow, bless him i think the wee wee thing is true, he went in his tray but overshot slightly and hit the carpet!!
still mummy's best boy!:love:

My Pickles wont eat anything! apart from his food :roll:
he looks at dandelions and scrummy veg as if its alien!

Gave all of ours a dandelion flower each this evening. Everyone gobbled them up ... except for Trix ... who looked at it as if to say "It's a pretty flower ... why would I eat that?!" :lol:

I've been picking the flowers off the last few days and giving them to Scamp .. stops them seeding and having an entire garden full of just dandelions :lol:

I gave Bungle and Nushka one each today - they gobbled them up - I'm now hoping they will clear the rest of my lawn :lol::lol::lol:

Back