• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dont know if im being over paranoid!? Felt something!!!...UPDATE back from vets!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Ok so Fudge has been recieving Metacam for the past 3 weeks almost for the roots of her teeth causing her pain. I noticed her poo getting smaller so she was on Zantac for a few days then 3weeks of Metacam followed by another month on a reduced amount of metacam :roll:

I noticed her hocks looked a little red on Friday but she wont let me near them so she is going to the vets tomorrow about it.

But tonight i *think* i have felt something very worrying. She was stretched out to me (standing not lying) and i was rubbing her tummy, I felt a large mass below her ribs the felt like it was coming from under her ribs but im not sure if its normal (dont think i hav felt it before but its a hardish mass which i think could be an organ of some sort but i dont know)

Is there anything that can cause an organ to grown and go hard? Im so worried :oops:

Anyway, she then sat next to me and sort of lay down and i had another feel but i couldnt feel it anymore, it was gone but it appears when she is slightly stretched :? What could this be and does it sound normal?

Oh when she is stretched its to her left slightly, if that helps?

And also she has been itching her ears alot tonight, i think im being over paranoid and i dont know whats normal for her anymore :oops: It could all be in my head because of losing Blackie so i dont know if its just me :(

No matter what she is going to the vet tomorrow even if its to be told im losing it :lol:

Nothing else seems wrong with her, eating habits fine, looks fine (although her coat looks greasy!!!) being her normal self and poos been ok (still not 100% but better)

Is it just me......?

Last edited:
sorry hun i have no idea..it sounds terrifying!! All i can do is wish you all the best to get in at the vets tomorrow xxx

Its her Right side not left and i can feel it more this morning :(
Cant wait to go to vets and find out whats wrong. I think it could be her stomach but i cant be sure!

Anyone got any idea?

Her wee smells a bit more than usual :(
I so worried got vets at 4.20 but im very supersticious and im very worried! Blackie went to the vets at 4.20 on the monday and died early tuesday morning and Fudge is going at 4.20 i hope she doesnt have to be kept in over night!

I was thinking maybe kidney stones, but does that make the kidney swell up or anything?

Awe I hope its nothing serious fingers crossed you're just a paranoid bunny mummy ;) I have no idea what it could be so cant help unfortunately. This is something Im very afraid of, not being able to spot something sinister as my bunnies wont let me pick them up!

Does anyone have any ideas what i could be feeling?

I dont think it'd be helpful for us to all start throwing guesses about as it'll just stress you out more and that,in turn, will stress Fudge out.
I'd wait til you see the Vet as alot more can be gleaned from a 'hands on' examination rather than us saying that a 'lump' that we cant see or feel might be this or might be that.

Good luck at the Vets and please update us when you come home :)

Her Liver maybe? I'm not very good on anatomy so not sure exactly where her liver would be.

Re. scratching her ears...this is probably due to her teeth problems. My Abby needs fortnightly dentals and often scratches at her ears, causing weeping sores (not as dramatic as it sounds!) despite having nothing wrong with them.

Ok i feel like an absolute tottie :oops::oops:

We went to the vet (rabbit savvy vet) and i told him about the lump so he had a good feel but couldnt feel anything :? He asked me to have a feel and see if i could feel it but i couldnt so i mentioned i could feel it more after she had eaten and first thing in the morning, he then asked me about her diet so i told him:

6 pellets in the morning before metacam a teaspoon of pellets around 8.20 then metacam and a large bowl of mixed veg at about 9.30-10! And a fresh supply of hay all day long that she doesnt touch :roll:

He asked how she ate it, so i said pellets she eats a few, leaves some and goes back about 10minutes later. Veg she eats it all in about 20mins without stopping!

He said its just her tummy im feeling when its full and he cant feel anything out of the ordinary so he isnt worried :)
He did say to go back if anything else changes with her diet etc. or i feel something else but i felt so stupid going there for no reason :oops:
But he did say better to be safe than sorry which is so true :)

So there she is fine for now, and i can now relax a bit and try not to find anything else to panic about :oops::lol:

Ive decided to cut her veg portions downas she was getting a big plate full and to give her pellets in the morning only and i will see if that helps!

Edit: I also mentioned about her feet so he had a look and her left one is a little red but he wasnt too concerned and to try and keep her on soft bedding with plenty of hay :)

Yay glad Fudge is okay. It's better to be overcautious than undercautious. Well thats what i say when i get paranoid anyway :lol:

dont worry bif was full of gas and went to vets who kept her in for a ga dental...wed already given her a few doses of infacol and she was trumping in the taxi all the way there..over half hour ride..windows wound down:oops:

so when we got in shed deflated.the vet just grinned at me and said no gas there...no i said it escpaed out the taxi window!!:lol:

better safe than sorry;)

so gald its nothing serious ;) don't worry about going for nothing i've done that before :oops: i took my dog coz she had really wierd looking nipples :( i rubbed them and pulled them gently but nothing :( took her to the vets thinking the worst only to be told it was dried on clay/mud :lol: the vet picked it all off :oops:

Back