• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fly nets

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
Hubby has had a busy afternoon, fitting new fly nets on all the hutches, looks much better now though, though dont think the pigs were too happy as they couldn't see out as easily when we pulled it down. Feels better now it's all done though :)

Sounds like a good idea :) Does it still let light in? Im rather paranoid about the whole fly strike thing :? Bunnies get checked twice daily already :oops: xXx

Erm it's dark and the nets are black wouldn't be much of a piccie tonight:lol:

Yes they still let the light in but the holes are too fine for the little pesky flies:D

I've just bought some nets from ebay. A tad paranoid over the whole flystrike thing since my neighbour told me she lost 5 last summer. Though i do wonder about their living conditions to lose 5!

How effective are the fly nets? I am worried about Fly strike, never seen it, but I was thinking of fly-proofing the shed when i get it...if flies can't get in, Fly Strike can't happen????

Back