• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fat Bun Slim

aussiebun

Alpha Buck
What's the best way to slim a bun down without mucking up their digestive system?

I was quite shocked when I saw Roger from a different angle tonight (don't ask) and realised that he's huuuuuge! Think berry with a head, that's Rogy :lol:

Of course, it could be that I was looking at a pic from when I bought him home from the shelter and he was only about 8 mths old, he's now 3 but I don't think so.

RU'ers, I have a porky bun - no pellets? Just lots of hay, water and reduced veg?

I'd start off by reducing his pellets.
You could also add some new and interesting tunnels and boxes to his environment to encourage him to be a bit more active.
I dont know what Veg you feed but I'd cut right back on Carrots and also fruit.

Good luck, I have some right porkers here too. Trouble is its because they are bonded with either an elderly Bun or a Dental Bun so trying to make sure one eats enough and the other doesn't eat too much is.............:shock: :shock:

That's what I thought. I mainly give them dark green, leafy veg but they also have carrot and corn - they love corn.

They've got a tunnel, but I think I'll add some things he can jump on to get a bit more excercise. That's a good idea!!

Thanks!

Back