PDA

View Full Version : What do you bed your bun on?

busterandme
19-04-2009, 12:52 PM
What do you bed your bun on? :D

alfie+Honey
19-04-2009, 12:55 PM
i use pets at home straw but i've heard people on hear say they use blankets which i wouldn't mind giving a try

LilVicky
19-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Straw and hay :wave:

hurricanhoney
19-04-2009, 12:56 PM
vet bed megazorb and hay

LionheadLuver
19-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Hay everywhere. :lol:

louise and Gus
19-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Newspaper and hay

Murphy30
19-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Mine have lino on the floor of their hutch, with a covering of straw on the bottom level, and hay on the top level

aussiebun
19-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Mine have in their snuggleboxes in summer, cotton sheets, in winter they have a lambswool cot liner to snuggle into - plus each other, plus me, :lol:

mrshorsy
19-04-2009, 01:14 PM
In her sleeping bit gwen has newspaper on bottom then couple of folded blankets on top then a bit of hay in case she needs a snack in the night or something to snuggle into oh and her teddy!:lol:

busterandme
19-04-2009, 03:55 PM
is there any reason why noone is using woodshavings or is it just personal preferance? :)

Michelleox
19-04-2009, 04:05 PM
I use woodshavings in the toilet area and and in the night part of the cage and lots of straw on top. There is a blanket in there that bun likes to snuggle up to. When it was colder i put a big cardboard box in so she was warm (this used to double up and as a chew)

SisterMoonbeam
19-04-2009, 04:44 PM
I use woodshavings in the hutch but when they move into the shed they will have lino and hay.

donnamt
19-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Carpet in the cage.... hay in the litter tray :D

rabbithabit
19-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Hi, does the carpet get wet and soiled and need replacing regularly as we have considered doing this in the hutches where our bunnies are litter trained :wave:

Carpet in the cage.... hay in the litter tray :D

LilVicky
19-04-2009, 05:04 PM
can i just say that you lot have some spoilt buns :lol:
All this fancy carpet and rugs :lol::lol: :love:

janice
19-04-2009, 05:17 PM
is there any reason why noone is using woodshavings or is it just personal preferance? :)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=144379&highlight=shavings many people do not use wood shavings for a number of reasons. This thread may help you understand why they are not good for their help.

donnamt
19-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi, does the carpet get wet and soiled and need replacing regularly as we have considered doing this in the hutches where our bunnies are litter trained :wave:

nope these pair have never peed on the carpet... we do have the poop scatter championships but no wee :D:D they dont even throw the water bowl about... ive had this carpet for almost a year and doesnt need replacing yet... it was only an offcut too which cost 7 :D

BB Mommy
19-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Mine just have hay - tonnes of it which they promptly flatten!

rabbithabit
19-04-2009, 08:56 PM
nope these pair have never peed on the carpet... we do have the poop scatter championships but no wee :D:D they dont even throw the water bowl about... ive had this carpet for almost a year and doesnt need replacing yet... it was only an offcut too which cost 7 :D

I'll try it then with some of mine as some of them are very good with their litter trays. Their's one I won't though, as I tried carpet for her to sleep on in my utility and she wee'd all over it and stopped using her litter tray. :wave:

andrea82
19-04-2009, 09:02 PM
When we put paper and hay down Bob stamps his feet and moves everything around untill its shreaded to pieces and digs like a crazybun.
Even the megazorb we use is a problem so now we have two litter trays with the megazorb inside. He even digs this out sometimes.

Poor Betty just watches him and now and again tells him off.:lol:

LurcherGirl
19-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Depends on the bunnies:

Most have carpet tiles and shredded paper in litterboxes. Some have newpaper covered with hay as they won't use the litterbox reliably.

Vera

FudgeMallow
19-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Fudge my little princess has sticky lino tiles stuck to a large pieco of wood as a base for her NIC cage with a mat then carpet tiles for her upper level with blankets and towels and then she has megazorb in her litter tray with lots of hay :D (she only has the best because she doesnt wee anywhere apart from her litter tray and only have the occasional poo on the floor and she doesnt chew anything that shes not ment to :D the others arent so nice when it comes to blankets :roll:)

My bonded 2 are outside in a hut that is lined with lino, megazorb in base of a cage with plenty of hay :D

Skye and Gizmo have large rabbit cages with attached runs but they refuse to use a litter tray so have megazorb covering the bottom with hay in a big box :D

lottielouise
19-04-2009, 11:51 PM
My lot have hay and straw during the winter along with snuggle safes, and fleecy blankets in the warmer weather. And of course each other.

Autumn is the one who lets me know when to change over, as she digs the hay/straw out of the sleeping bit and sends it down stairs into the litter tray bit!!