• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you bed your bun on?

i use pets at home straw but i've heard people on hear say they use blankets which i wouldn't mind giving a try

Mine have lino on the floor of their hutch, with a covering of straw on the bottom level, and hay on the top level

Mine have in their snuggleboxes in summer, cotton sheets, in winter they have a lambswool cot liner to snuggle into - plus each other, plus me, :lol:

In her sleeping bit gwen has newspaper on bottom then couple of folded blankets on top then a bit of hay in case she needs a snack in the night or something to snuggle into oh and her teddy!:lol:

I use woodshavings in the toilet area and and in the night part of the cage and lots of straw on top. There is a blanket in there that bun likes to snuggle up to. When it was colder i put a big cardboard box in so she was warm (this used to double up and as a chew)

Last edited:
Hi, does the carpet get wet and soiled and need replacing regularly as we have considered doing this in the hutches where our bunnies are litter trained :wave:

nope these pair have never peed on the carpet... we do have the poop scatter championships but no wee :D:D they dont even throw the water bowl about... ive had this carpet for almost a year and doesnt need replacing yet... it was only an offcut too which cost £7 :D

nope these pair have never peed on the carpet... we do have the poop scatter championships but no wee :D:D they dont even throw the water bowl about... ive had this carpet for almost a year and doesnt need replacing yet... it was only an offcut too which cost £7 :D

I'll try it then with some of mine as some of them are very good with their litter trays. Their's one I won't though, as I tried carpet for her to sleep on in my utility and she wee'd all over it and stopped using her litter tray. :wave:

Mine are picky.

When we put paper and hay down Bob stamps his feet and moves everything around untill its shreaded to pieces and digs like a crazybun.
Even the megazorb we use is a problem so now we have two litter trays with the megazorb inside. He even digs this out sometimes.

Poor Betty just watches him and now and again tells him off.:lol:

Back