• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snuffles or an allergy?

busterandme

Warren Scout
Hi :)
I'm quite concerned as Buster has been sneezing quite a lot since last night. I know this can be a sign of teeth problems but he shouldn't really need them doing for another couple of months and he isn't dribbling yet.
On friday I changed his bedding to Pets at Home Lavender Scented woodshavings - do you think he might be allergic? He used to have just regular woodchips. His nose doesn't look wet. I change his litter tray every morning and night too. Or could it be snuffles?

Difficult to say really - the easiest thing to do would be to remove the lavender woodshavings and put back the ones you were using previously, and seeing if it stops :)

Done that but he is out and about at the moment! If I were to wait and it is Snuffles would it get worse quickly?
Edit: Still sneezing and off his food now :( off to the vets today

Last edited:
good luck with buster xx
i'm having similar problems with eric and feel like i'm going round in circles.

Update

Argh!!!
Ok... just got back from the vets (my regular, super vet) and Buster needs his teeth doing AGAIN! :shock:
I'm sure it has only been about a month when usually he goes every 4 months. I didn't see my usual vet last time for Buster's consultation but was told that my vet would be doing the op. So today when I asked him he said he didn't see Buster last time at all and someone else did the op :evil:
Originally when I joined here my first post was about being worried about Bust having such a bad reaction to the GA. Now I think this other vet that operated has just made a huge mess of everything. And I'm blaming myself even more because obviously Bust hasn't been 100% for ages and I've overlooked it :cry:
So Bust is off to hospital again first thing in the morning poor baby :(

Bless its my girls dental tomorrow also so fingers crossed for both. Shes the one with denatl disease so she has to go every few months. Her eye has been playing up quite bad lately so we knew it was time but she had just had vhd inj so our vet wouldn't touch her for good few weeks bless

On friday I changed his bedding to Pets at Home Lavender Scented woodshavings - do you think he might be allergic? He used to have just regular woodchips. His nose doesn't look wet. I change his litter tray every morning and night too. Or could it be snuffles?

You can't use wood shaving. The fine powder of the wood go into the nose. Further, prolong, long term breathing of those wood powder can cause respiratory problem or cancer.

Get rid of it, use something else. I just use towel in my house

Back