• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter

ClareLou

New Kit
My 2 bunnies live in our conservatory/utility and are pretty well litter trained (well they wee in their litter tray - or at least inside their cage anyway! Not so good with poos!) However, my house is constantly covered in sawdust! it gets everywhere!

Has anyone got a suitable alternative? I know clumping cat litter is not an option for bunnies, but I was wondering if anyone had used the wood-based pellets? It needs to be reasonably affordable too.

Good alternatives are:

Megazorb, Carefresh, Yesterday's News, Back to Nature, Bio Catolet and I could go on....

I had a look at Megazorb online and it looks like it could well be as messy as woodshavings. Does it not stick to the rabbits fur & then get spread around the carpets?

I think I might try Easibed. Particulaly as one of its selling points is that it doesn't get caught in horses tails! Just looked it up & our local pet shop turns out to be a stockist. £7 a bale doesn't sound too bad considering how big the bales are either!

I use bio-catalet and all my buns use it with no problems, one even finds it comfy enough to sleep on. :wave: It keeps the odour down too !:wave:

Back