• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should i cut Teddys hair off???

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
This is Teddy how he usually looks after his trim as he just has it cut short underneath and a trim all the way round

Ps hes an indoor piggie:)
000_0967.jpg

This is him untrimmed and needing a haircut but should i cut it off really short????
000_1230.jpg

Please excuse the poo it was cleaning out day:oops::oops:

Last edited:
I wouldn't do anything too drastic, especially while the weather is still so uncertain...

I woudlnt do anything more than what you usually do, as Tinsel said, the weather is so unpredictable its better he has a bit of insulation until you are sure of the weather.
I love the way he curls more when hes got less hair, I think the way he is in the first pic is ok.

Now you didnt mention that did you???:lol:

Chop it off, the whole lot, make him bald!!! (nooo dont really)

He lives inside:) All 7 of my piggies are indoors

Ah okay but isn't it like a human who normally wears three cardigans suddenly being left in just a t-shirt? Even indoors it would take some adjusting too... As someone who is permanently cold I think he should be left with his curls intact. ;) It will feel like a sudden drop in temp otherwise and that might give him a chill... :?

The only reason im considering it it because he hates being brushed its a constant battle with him. He gets very angry

Maybe do it gradually so it will be less of a shock.
I know when I eventually had my hair cut to chin length from down my back, I had to do it gradually, and even then as soon as I stepped out of the salon the first thing I noticed was how cold my neck was as I had been used to having hair on it.

Yes might do a bit at a time,hes had his bum trimmed again today,Was thinking though surely its just the same as someone who buys a piggie from a petshop then puts it straight outside? There in the dining room its a nice sunny room in the day as has patio doors

Tru I suppose, the only thing is you cant put it back again once its come off, just dont throw all the hair away incase you have to knit him a little jumper :D

I havent seen that in aaaages, but I know what you mean, either they are still showing old ones or he STILL hasnt cut his hair.

Chop the lot. Thats my method of guinea pig hairdressing anyway and havent had any problems.

That reminds me, my 8 need bathing really...

Do they let me bath them?

Two are jumpers and have bitten me previously, four of them dislike it but wont jump or bite and two of them dont care!

As for hair cuts, one of my Shelties gets really mad and starts grooming frantically like ive messed up her do!

Back