• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Overnight bonding

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Well my bonding started today and i have to say, it has gone extremely well and i am very happy. A bit of humping here and there but no fights. They have been eating together and grooming :D. I do have a thread in Behaviour and Bonding (http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=173595) but i have a question and thought more people may see it in here. I was wondering whether to keep them in the pen overnight as i don't want to separate them what with the good progress but would i have to stay up all night with them? Thanks :)

I'd keep them in the pen as they haven't been together for very long, I think it's recommended that bunnies are kept in the same space for around 3 days after being bonded. I'd also sleep near them tonight, hopefully they'll be ok but if there are any scuffles you'll be near them. Glad they're getting on well so far :)

I'm really glad you asked about this, because I'm in the same spot! They've been getting along well with a couple little scuffles and fur pulling. I keep separating them when I sleep because I'm too scared something may happen. :oops:

I'd keep them in the pen as they haven't been together for very long, I think it's recommended that bunnies are kept in the same space for around 3 days after being bonded. I'd also sleep near them tonight, hopefully they'll be ok but if there are any scuffles you'll be near them. Glad they're getting on well so far :)

Yeah they will be in my bedroom. They are cuddled up together now :love:. It's been so easy though, i just feel its been too good to be true! Except Frankie hasn't pooed since going in at 2pm :? Fidget's pooed all over the place but that's pretty typical

I wouldn't separate a pair once bonding has started unless they are proper fighting. Whenever I've bonded, I've slept in the same room as the buns for the first night or two, if anything really bad kicks off I'd be pretty sure that I'd wake up. Usually you wake up to two cuddly buns in the morning though :love: Hopefully that'll be the case for you :)

Now you are doing well, keep them in the same place if possible for about 48 hours and then transfer them to where they are going to live, only give them about the same size space to start with for the next 48 hours and then slowly increase it if they are ok together.

I didnt stay awake with mine when bonding. Just slept in the same room as them so I would wake up if there was a scuffle.

Hi :wave:

Everything is fine! No problems overnight at all. Woke up and saw frakie flopped out and fidget grooming his ears :love:. Fidge seems to want to be near him now rather than running away everytime he goes near her. Yay.

Back