• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my bunnies and vegies

katie240181

Young Bun
hi everyone :wave:

i am just starting alfie and bailey on veg i picked i tiny bit of carrot to start them off with, this is their first ever piece of veg, yet they are not interested just turn there nose up at it, i have been trying for a few days and still nothing. is there anything i can do to tempt them to try this tiny piece of carrot or should i try a different piece of veg and give up with the carrot.

thanks katie x

rabbits who dont like carrot :shock::shock::shock:

i would just try them on a small piece of other veg if they dont like the carrot... my pair love love love broccoli, bet a floret will tempt your pair :D

I'd try spring greens or cabbage. My fussy two dont like something at first but if you keep giving it them they eventually like it.

My rabbit Jester will not touch carrot, only greens, (and banana, his favourite) he's a fussy boy!

I was surprised that mine arent really bothered about carrots either :shock: but they LOVE broccoli and green cabbage.

Havent tried anything else cos I'm scared to upset their tummies :oops: but suggestions welcome!

When i gave Amber a little bit of carrot as the first veg she didn't eat it either.

Parsley is a firm favourite and quite an easy going green to start with.

How about dandelions as there are plenty about at the moment.My buns are to fussed about carrots either

Mine absolutely LOVE basil and carrot tops - there are top of the list.

However, Kirk isn't too fussed on carrots themselves... Daisy loves anything - she's so funny. Brian picked some dandilion leaves the other day and we fed them to the buns - you should see their little chops go!!! :D I love watching my bunnies eat :love:

It has taken over 1 year before Tippex Porkychicken would try carrot, pear or apple. Before that it would sit in her run overnight and one of my other greedy lot would steal it in the morning when I let them out. Suddenly, in the last few weeks, she has started eating it.

thanks for the replies everyone :wave:

i've had a little success, Alfie will now eat the carrot but not straight away he won't take it from me i just let them out and leave it on their blanket and when he is ready he starts nibbling it and eats it he will then eat baileys tiny chunk too as bailey is not interested at all she would rather eat my carpet, five holes within one week (she is a little terror) so i think i will move onto a herb now and see what they think to that, they are becoming such little monkeys now, they won't let us pick them up anymore either :( they are booked in for there ops a a week on friday :) they are going in together, not in the same carrier tho wouldn't want any little mishaps :)

eric adores mint - can't get it to grow back quick enough (have half a dozen stumpy bits trying to thrive in their pots). other herbs he's refused (shame, i got pots and pots of em and i'm not much of a kitchen goddess:oops:)

the only other major faves are fine green beans (not too many tho but i've not had any poo probs with them) and the bunny greens (seeds) i buy from the hay experts - they grow in a few days and cost very little.

x

Back