PDA

View Full Version : What is the furthest you have travelled..... Picture of little bunny added

Hugo's There
18-04-2009, 06:41 PM
for a new bunny?

Steve is currently doing a 9 hour round trip to collect a special needs bun that was going to be pts. Normally we wouldn't travel so far with a bun but we seemed to be the only alternative for him.

As I am nice I have paid for him to stay at a hotel in Thirsk tonight as an anniversary present so he can do the All Creatures Great and Small thing :)

Just wondered if anyone has travelled further for their bunny :)

Jazzy B Bunny
18-04-2009, 06:43 PM
Umm well I got eclipse un planned from about 40 miles away (I think) the others are localish :)

redd1800
18-04-2009, 06:47 PM
that's a very lucky bunny!

What are its special needs?

keepingmesane
18-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Ellie was my furthest travel, 2 hours each way (well 3 hrs on tues cause they shut the M6 :censored: )

weeble
18-04-2009, 06:50 PM
It took about 7 hours from leaving home to getting back when we picked up Maisey for Mum

Jack's-Jane
18-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Morse came from Belper to Twickenham :) An RUer did the whole trip especially for me :love:

Liz only you could give your hubby a night in a hotel with a Bunny for an Anniversary Present !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bunny Buddy
18-04-2009, 06:51 PM
About 150 miles to Walsall for Tinks (Tomtom didn't know it's way to Kirsty's house so we got very lost, so probably about another 20 miles/1 hour on top of real distance!)

I set off at 9.30 am and got home about 7.30 pm, though that did include touring the foster bunnies making up Tinks' family (a large family).

Hugo's There
18-04-2009, 06:52 PM
that's a very lucky bunny!

What are its special needs?

Not 100% certain, he has mobility problems but don't know why as no-one has bothered to find out.:roll: Not sure how bad they are or if he can even walk on his own :( They did mention his breathing was bad too but this may be related to a deformity rather than an illness.

Will be interesting to find out what he is like tomorrow

He is booked in at the vets on Monday morning for a full check

donnamt
18-04-2009, 07:01 PM
a 40min drive for both of em... not sure what that is in miles :?

LilVicky
18-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Mine is... harvey (un expected) he came from Somerset when i was on holiday down there... couldnt resist :love: all the way to essex :wave:

halfpenny
18-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Not travelled far for a bunny, but have taken a horse box down to Mossburn animal rescue, near Locherbie, for 5 goats and 2 sheep and driven all the way back to Aberdeen. That was a very stressful journey, not helped by the fact they hadn't kept the goats in and we spent about an hour trying to catch them.

jackiestone
18-04-2009, 07:16 PM
We drove for 6 hours to get Stumpy :wave:

Hugo's There
18-04-2009, 07:24 PM
We drove for 6 hours to get Stumpy :wave:

You were the other person I could think of that had done a long journey :)

I just checked aa route planner and Steve has gone 250 miles so thats a 500 mile round trip

Mackers
18-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Not sure of the mileage but it was a five hour round trip to pick up Flora and Parsnip from Norfolk. Flora's been trying to dig her way back there today, judging by the state of my flower borders :lol::lol::lol:

jenzel5
18-04-2009, 08:12 PM
I travelled to birmingham from yorkshire. It took us nearly 5 hours to get there as we missed a turn. I stayed overnight at my oh's brothers house who I had never met before and got Hayden and Dudley the next day. Took about over 3 hours to get back. :D Well worth it though

orange
18-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Not exactly a new bunny..but Kellogg managed to lacerate one of his front paws on a carpet nail (while digging up the lounge carpet) just as we were leaving for a weekend cycling trip to the Forest of Dean.:roll:

So I had to drive to the vets and drop Kellogg for an op on his foot, then drive to the Forest of Dean with my OH and friends, drop everyone off at the B+B, then drive back to pick up the rabbit from the vets, then drive back to pick everyone up, then drive back to London. Phew! So that was a day and half of driving due to a rabbit. Does that count??! Kellogg in his usual indestructible way was absolutely fine of course!

And I can tell you the exact day it happened as it was the day of Princess Diana's funeral so London was eerily deserted. I will never forget it. Driving through the capital listening to the funeral on the radio with hardly any other traffic on the road. Very strange experience.:shock:

Leanne
18-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Liz only you could give your hubby a night in a hotel with a Bunny for an Anniversary Present !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My girls came from Tree so it took about a 6 hour round trip?

Bess was brought down from Nottingham by Amy (abbymarysmokey), actually where is she?! :?

I always stayed locally until RU! All my buns at present are certainly not local!

hurricanhoney
18-04-2009, 09:22 PM
My goodness that is a long trip. I think the furthest was a 40 minute trip where I dropped Honey off to be bonded and then had to pick them up again.

Becky86
18-04-2009, 09:54 PM
3 hour round trip when we fetched Ronnie :love: xXx

susiemae
19-04-2009, 11:40 AM
I drove to Slough to get Domino which was about a 5 hour round trip

Starlight
19-04-2009, 11:43 AM
I got Moonie and Shadow from Liverpool when i lived there, and then grovelled for 3 hours on the phone to mum when i decided to move back, for her to let me bring them back!
I went up there with 1 bun and came back with 3!!

aussiebun
19-04-2009, 12:16 PM
It wasn't for a bunny but mum and I last year did an 9 hour return trip so that her and dad could adopt a 3 legged dog.

Hugo's There
19-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Seems like there are some very well travelled bunnies (and 3 legged dogs :lol:)

My poor husband, he was expecting to collect the bunny around 11 this morning but it took him much longer from his hotel than expected, so only just got him. Now expecting home around 7 tonight :shock: All together it will now be a 12 hour round trip, the bunny better be cute :love::lol::lol:

aussiebun
19-04-2009, 01:09 PM
It wasn't for a bunny but mum and I last year did an 9 hour return trip so that her and dad could adopt a 3 legged dog.

That didn't come out the way I meant it to...it sounds awful "a 3 legged dog". Eek.

Her name is Kelly and she's soooooo cute! Well worth the trip. It was a year ago today - and we had cake today to celebrate. Seriously!

biscuitblossom
19-04-2009, 01:21 PM
I travelled for over 3 hours each way by train to get Pixie and Pandora from ARC in Twickenham.

Hugo's There
19-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Little bunny is here :love::love: He is just a baby :love:

He seems to be able get around a bit but it is hard to tell how bad his problems are at the moment. He is filthy underneath poor thing :(

He seems to have travelled well, better than Steve anyway :lol::lol:

Will take a few piccys in a bit :love:

angeleyes
19-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Little bunny is here :love::love: He is just a baby :love:

He seems to be able get around a bit but it is hard to tell how bad his problems are at the moment. He is filthy underneath poor thing :(

He seems to have travelled well, better than Steve anyway :lol::lol:

Will take a few piccys in a bit :love:

Awwww well done to Steve for getting him and to both of you for offering him a home, can't wait to see pics :love:

Fairy13
19-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Aw I'm glad they have both arrived home safely :D Well done Steve! x

vicki267
19-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Aww, well done on the new little fluff ball :D

I travelled 200 mile round trip (3 hours) to pick Stitch up from Slough.

My new bunny Stevie arrived last night, my sisters boyfriend picked him up on the way back down from Stafford in Walsall, was over 150 miles from here so was lucky he could pick him up for me otherwise I would be doing a 300 mile round trip over 6 hours to get him :shock:

Hugo's There
19-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Are you calling him Stevie? I like that name :love::lol:

LoopyLouie
19-04-2009, 08:29 PM
5 hour round trip for one of my bridge bunnies. I still miss her :(

bunlover
19-04-2009, 08:31 PM
sooty came from suesrabs in yorkshire via chertsey then slough then on to mum (and chelsea) in gloucester.. thanks to luvabun and oldiebun and i drove the last bit, so she is well travelled lol but happy..it sbecause she was old mum wanted her! (she was 9yrs then now 10yrs) x

Hugo's There
19-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Here a couple of piccys, bit blurred sorry didn't want to stress him out too much

Meet little Geordie Bun:love:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM1861.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM1860.jpg

And his little bottom :(

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/HPIM1859.jpg

I've given it a quick clean, but will sort it properly in the morning.

I've watched him walk about a bit and he can't hop only walk slowly. He is very wobbly, I put money on it being neurological, we shall see what they say tomorrow.

Santa
19-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Oh he's adorable :love: He looks like a mini-albino-Eddie :love:, same expression on his little face :love:

I do hope he gets on well at the vets tomorrow...and that Steve sleeps well tonight!

Hugo's There
19-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Apparently he is double maned lionhead lop, his coat is worse than Fuzzy's :roll:

angeleyes
19-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Awww Liz my heart has melted :love: :love: :love: he is so tiny and the cutest little bundle of fluff ever :love: :love:

How could they let his bottom get like that :(

Hugo's There
19-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Awww Liz my heart has melted :love: :love: :love: he is so tiny and the cutest little bundle of fluff ever :love: :love:

How could they let his bottom get like that :(

It is possible he can't clean himself, we will have to see how he gets on :? But his diet isn't helping, it looks more like bird seed :shock:

vicki267
19-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Are you calling him Stevie? I like that name :love::lol:

Yes his new name is Stevie :lol:, if you dont already know who he is, this is his story:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=170972

Poor little Geordie bun, he is beautiful but his bum is just discusting :cry: I hope the vet goes OK tomorrow :)

*Spider*
19-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Well the longest journey I made was for Ghostie.
Siona only lived about 6 miles away but I had to get the train.
So I cycled a few miles to the train station on a hot day with Toffee in the carrier (didn't have my phone) got the station, tried to phone Siona to tell her how long I'd be and got the wrong number :censored:
Train was every hour so I had to wait 45 odd minutes for it. That one was cancelled. And then next...was delayed by 50 minutes :censored:
Got there, had no clue where Siona's house was but remembered the vets where we took the wildie bun so went there and begged with them to let me look at their data to get Siona's number.
I told them she had a bun called Nigel.. "Noo we will have thousands of buns with that name!"
They had 2. :lol: I got on the phone to Siona and she came to pick me up and we walked to her house and introduced bunnies.
Then had to make the blasted trip back.
It was utter hell to cycle in heat with two buns hanging on the bars.
Left home about 7.00am and got home 3pm :lol:

Bunnyaddict
19-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Oh my goodness Liz he is gorgeous - like a little powder puff :love::love::love:

Bless his little cotton socks - thank goodness he found his way to you & Steve :D

Fairy13
19-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Awwww he's just beautiful!! :love::love::love:

Sparkle x
19-04-2009, 09:30 PM
We travelled to essex and back to west yorkshire for Jasmine. Around 8-9hours in total :D :D

He is just lovely :love:

LurcherGirl
19-04-2009, 10:29 PM
I travelled to Norfolk for Alaska! He was well worth it, though I wouldn't do it anymore as there are plenty of rescue rabbits down here too. :D

Vera

Hunnybunny2007
19-04-2009, 10:46 PM
What a gorgeous tiny fluffball:lol::lol: Hope everything goes well at the vets tomorrow.

Starlight
19-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Aww he is gorgeous!!
That little face!

hurricanhoney
19-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Georgeous bunny. Glad you're getting him sorted :)

Lspacehopper
19-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Bless him...he's adorable!! Good luck at the vets tomorrow :) x

Kermit
19-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Awww, he is gorgeous!
You and your hubby are such great people for taking this wee bun in, and all the others you have.
I know what its like looking after one special needs bun, so you must be run off your feet with all the ones you have....what a star!x

kitschkitty
20-04-2009, 12:20 AM
we don't drive, but I once got a friend to drive me to Brighton from Portsmouth for a pair or rescue rats. :oops::love: