• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the furthest you have travelled..... Picture of little bunny added

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
for a new bunny?

Steve is currently doing a 9 hour round trip to collect a special needs bun that was going to be pts. Normally we wouldn't travel so far with a bun but we seemed to be the only alternative for him.

As I am nice I have paid for him to stay at a hotel in Thirsk tonight as an anniversary present so he can do the All Creatures Great and Small thing :)

Just wondered if anyone has travelled further for their bunny :)

Last edited:
Morse came from Belper to Twickenham :) An RUer did the whole trip especially for me :love:

Liz only you could give your hubby a night in a hotel with a Bunny for an Anniversary Present !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

About 150 miles to Walsall for Tinks (Tomtom didn't know it's way to Kirsty's house so we got very lost, so probably about another 20 miles/1 hour on top of real distance!)

I set off at 9.30 am and got home about 7.30 pm, though that did include touring the foster bunnies making up Tinks' family (a large family).

that's a very lucky bunny!

What are its special needs?

Not 100% certain, he has mobility problems but don't know why as no-one has bothered to find out.:roll: Not sure how bad they are or if he can even walk on his own :( They did mention his breathing was bad too but this may be related to a deformity rather than an illness.

Will be interesting to find out what he is like tomorrow

He is booked in at the vets on Monday morning for a full check

Mine is... harvey (un expected) he came from Somerset when i was on holiday down there... couldnt resist :love: all the way to essex :wave:

Not travelled far for a bunny, but have taken a horse box down to Mossburn animal rescue, near Locherbie, for 5 goats and 2 sheep and driven all the way back to Aberdeen. That was a very stressful journey, not helped by the fact they hadn't kept the goats in and we spent about an hour trying to catch them.

Not sure of the mileage but it was a five hour round trip to pick up Flora and Parsnip from Norfolk. Flora's been trying to dig her way back there today, judging by the state of my flower borders :lol::lol::lol:

I travelled to birmingham from yorkshire. It took us nearly 5 hours to get there as we missed a turn. I stayed overnight at my oh's brothers house who I had never met before and got Hayden and Dudley the next day. Took about over 3 hours to get back. :D Well worth it though

Not exactly a new bunny..but Kellogg managed to lacerate one of his front paws on a carpet nail (while digging up the lounge carpet) just as we were leaving for a weekend cycling trip to the Forest of Dean.:roll:

So I had to drive to the vets and drop Kellogg for an op on his foot, then drive to the Forest of Dean with my OH and friends, drop everyone off at the B+B, then drive back to pick up the rabbit from the vets, then drive back to pick everyone up, then drive back to London. Phew! So that was a day and half of driving due to a rabbit. Does that count??! Kellogg in his usual indestructible way was absolutely fine of course!

And I can tell you the exact day it happened as it was the day of Princess Diana's funeral so London was eerily deserted. I will never forget it. Driving through the capital listening to the funeral on the radio with hardly any other traffic on the road. Very strange experience.:shock:

Liz only you could give your hubby a night in a hotel with a Bunny for an Anniversary Present !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My girls came from Tree so it took about a 6 hour round trip?

Bess was brought down from Nottingham by Amy (abbymarysmokey), actually where is she?! :?

I always stayed locally until RU! All my buns at present are certainly not local!

My goodness that is a long trip. I think the furthest was a 40 minute trip where I dropped Honey off to be bonded and then had to pick them up again.

Back