• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My piggies

Char-x

Wise Old Thumper
Just a small collection :wave:

03August08049.jpg

21stJanuary2009-041.jpg

DSC00216.jpg

DSC00407.jpg

Bathtime :)
BathTimeForBabies017.jpg

DSC00588.jpg

Dry time :lol:
DSC00594.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

DSC04683.jpg

SnowDay2ndFeb2009-043.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

hooversmall.jpg

small12.jpg

Awww there lovely:love: Teddy needs a bath but his hair is so thick im worring about drying him do u just towel dry them?

Awww there lovely:love: Teddy needs a bath but his hair is so thick im worring about drying him do u just towel dry them?

Is Teddy an indoor or outdoor piggy?

Mine are indoors and their bathtime basically goes like this...

1-2 inches of luke warm water in our own bath with a baby mat down. I make sure all doors and windows are shut to avoid drafts and do it on a warm day or have the heating on.

Dont tend to get them really wet, only where necessary and I don't use shampoo as I think it's really unnecessary and can dry their skin out, or be left in etc. Although you can get some nice shampoos on Gorgeous Guineas :).

Once I have rubbed any dirt from her (mainly around her bottom area) I put a towel on the toliet seat for her to sit on and have another towel to gently rub her dry.
I then trim her hair and nails, her hair is drying whilst I do this even more, then I rub her untill she is 90-100% dry.

Some people use a hairdryer on warm setting about 3ft away from the pig to dry them, personally I never do this because I'm paranoid I will burn her or it will act as a draft, but done right I'm sure it would work.

Because she is indoors and I'm confident there is no drafts etc near her cage I do let her go back in if shes got a little bit more to dry off, but I check on her every hour to make sure she is drying and isnt just sitting there getting cold etc. And its only when shes not that damp.

Hope that helps :wave:

Is Teddy an indoor or outdoor piggy?

Mine are indoors and their bathtime basically goes like this...

1-2 inches of luke warm water in our own bath with a baby mat down. I make sure all doors and windows are shut to avoid drafts and do it on a warm day or have the heating on.

Dont tend to get them really wet, only where necessary and I don't use shampoo as I think it's really unnecessary and can dry their skin out, or be left in etc. Although you can get some nice shampoos on Gorgeous Guineas :).

Once I have rubbed any dirt from her (mainly around her bottom area) I put a towel on the toliet seat for her to sit on and have another towel to gently rub her dry.
I then trim her hair and nails, her hair is drying whilst I do this even more, then I rub her untill she is 90-100% dry.

Some people use a hairdryer on warm setting about 3ft away from the pig to dry them, personally I never do this because I'm paranoid I will burn her or it will act as a draft, but done right I'm sure it would work.

Because she is indoors and I'm confident there is no drafts etc near her cage I do let her go back in if shes got a little bit more to dry off, but I check on her every hour to make sure she is drying and isnt just sitting there getting cold etc. And its only when shes not that damp.

Hope that helps :wave:

Yes hes indoors but he has very thick long hair cause hes a texal he has some dandruff on his back:? ive got some gorgous guniea shampoo so was going to bath him in that?

Tallulah is a peruvian and has really thick hair too, basically just do what I do but use the Gorgeous Guineas shampoo in the areas he needs it (keeping clear of eyes, ears etc) and then rinse with clean luke warm water (again keeping the water out of ears, eyes, face etc) and make sure its all out. :)

Are you sure he hasnt got a fungal infection or mites? They are both common causes of dry skin and dandruff looking areas.

Tallulah is a peruvian and has really thick hair too, basically just do what I do but use the Gorgeous Guineas shampoo in the areas he needs it (keeping clear of eyes, ears etc) and then rinse with clean luke warm water (again keeping the water out of ears, eyes, face etc) and make sure its all out. :)

Are you sure he hasnt got a fungal infection or mites? They are both common causes of dry skin and dandruff looking areas.

My friend a vet nurse looked at him on tue she said it doesnt look like either so im not sure:? It just looks like a cream coloured dandruff his skin is ok not sore he isnt scraching or anything,Sorry ive taken over your thread

Back