• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you have for a shelter in bunny shed?

gemmam

Alpha Buck
I am looking at either a small flat roof dog kennel with opening lid, or possibly just a small hutch as a cosy shelter for inside the shed? Just wondered if there is anything else people use? One bunny is a giant so needs to be a decent size.

I have a wooden box with two openings.
They ignore it apart from as a step up the the next level, although occasionally they sit on top of it.
They much prefer large cardbourd boxes for sleeping in / chewing :)

For my giants I have put an old wooden coffee table in the shed. Under the table they have a large soft dog bed and I have put an old duvet over the table so it reaches the floor on all sides of the table. They love it under the table.

I used to have an old 4ft hutch. at the moment I don't use anything though as my buns seem happy enough and they have more room for running about :)

Mine have 2 old hutches.
One has the door open all the time and they take themselves to bed each night. (It has a blanket over the top) and the other one is smaller and has no doors. It is lower than the first and they like to run along the top of both.

Hope it makes sense but if not, here are some pics to help

The bigger hutch where they sleep and run along to get in their NIC set up....

Rabbits046.jpg

And the smaller hutch next to the big hutch (both doors off) so they can get a long run!!

Rabbits047.jpg

I dont have anything, used to but it took more space.
Mine just have baskets, storage boxes and litter trays.
They seem happy enough :D :D

Back