• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So ******* angry and upset

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I am so :censored: angry with my vet, I just don't know what to think.

Anthony has been unwell since his dental 10 days ago. He went back to the vets on Thursday to try to get to the bottom of things once and for all as it is so unfare on him to be suffering this way :( I asked for bloods to be taken and if no joy there try to get conscious x-rays of anything and everything. So Anthony was admitted.

I get a call at mid-day to say I can collect him as they have taken bloods and sent them to the lab rather than doing them inhouse. I wasn't particularly pleased as I wanted some sort of idea of his problems straight away but they promised they had marked them urgent and would be back Friday (yesterday).

It gets to 4pm yesterday and I've heard nothing so I ring up and find that the results are back but the vet I saw was on a day off so there was no-one to give me the results.:shock::censored:

I am promised the head vet will ring me at 9am this morning with results so if it is bad news we could take Anthony up to be pts and end his suffering at last.
It gets to mid-day, nothing. Then phones switch over to emergency vets so rang up quickly and the vet was consulting but would ring me back within the next hour. I explained how important it was and begged them not to forget.

They shut at 3.30 and did they ring me? did they :censored:

My poor Anthony :cry::cry: his results are just sitting there and he could be in all sorts of pain.

As far as I am concerned it is completely unforgivable, I am fuming and heartbroken at the same time.

We are spending £100's there every WEEK at the moment, for God's sakes.

I have 4 more sick bunnies booked in at the start of the week, all with complex problems, I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth taking them :(

Aww :(
i hope you find out your results soon!! :censored: Vets
:(
Is there any other vets you could try near you? if they are any better with dealing with things quicker? that you could go to in the future? with other buns?
x

Poor you and Anthony.

I agree, is there another vet nearby that might be better (although I know it is hard finding good vets).

Oh for goodness sake :evil:

I wish I could offer some useful advice but I cant :cry:

I would be completely up :censored: creek without a paddle if I did not have a reliable Vet.

It must just add to your stress Liz, as if having sick Bunnies is not stressful enough :cry:

We have been searching round for some time for a new vet but couldn't find any suitable and within easy reach.

But as far as we are concerned now anything is better than what we putting up with at the moment.

I found when I paid my bill the other day that they had charged me 51p for one syringe :shock: I didn't even need it :roll:

Oh for goodness sake :evil:

I wish I could offer some useful advice but I cant :cry:

I would be completely up :censored: creek without a paddle if I did not have a reliable Vet.

It must just add to your stress Liz, as if having sick Bunnies is not stressful enough :cry:

I'm exhausted, I haven't slept properly for 3 nights as I keep thinking tomorrow we may have to make THE decision for him, plus I have 7 bunnies sick here at the moment:(

I would definitely go down there in person and demand results. I find that I can easily get ignored on the phone, but when I'm standing there, obviously ticked off, someone becomes available rather quickly.

I'm so sorry they're treating you like that. I would definitely complain when you do get the results, as that is just plain ridiculous. :censored:

Oh god Liz, what a nightmare. How awful to be in the situation you're in and with the nature of the problems some of your bunnies have and to not have the peace of mind that you can rely on them :cry:
Would a letter to them do any good do you think? (I know it won't help with the situation with Anthony right now though ) but based on just how much you spend with them I really do think that they are taking the mickey to say the least.
Sorry, I dont know what else to say that could be helpful. Just sending hugs and thinking of you.
Do pm me or give me a call if I can help in anyway. xxx

Oh God that vet just seems to get worse and worse for you Liz :censored:
Is there anywhere remotly half decent that you could try instead?
I really wish we were closer so i could offer more help to you :cry: Try to stay strong, sending big hugs from all of us xxx

I'm exhausted, I haven't slept properly for 3 nights as I keep thinking tomorrow we may have to make THE decision for him, plus I have 7 bunnies sick here at the moment:(

Oh Liz :cry:
I am stressed out with just one poorly Bun !!
I wish I could offer some practicle help :cry:

As for charging you 51p for a syringe :shock: :evil:

Poor Anthony :cry:

Is there anyone that can help you out a bit ????
If I was a bit closer to you I would offer, but I am quite away from you.
Hope Anthony and all the others are feeling better soon.

:shock: sounds like you need a new vet. Rebecca would move heaven & earth for us. We do have to drive half an hour there but there is a good back up vet down the road if we need it too.

There has to be a body that oversees veterinary practice like for Drs. This kind of thing goes against the fundamental basis of veterinary science ie to relieve suffering so we ought to be able to appeal to them to intervene where vets are not following policies, procedures etc.
Sorry if I'm vague, I've never thought about it till now.
I sincerely hope there is a happy outcome for the poor little bun.

I've cheered up a little now as forum member Mackers knocked on my door out of the blue this afternoon with a huge bag of goodies for Anthony :) There was lots of different hays and dried herbs, plus some fresh parsley which he has had a little munch on :D

She also bought him a mineral block because of his soil eating, how thoughtful is that? :D:D

I don't know whether to look for a new vet now or wait to see if Adele and Hannah return, they are both good vets, Hannah has done some great things for my buns and both will contact FHB if they need to :?

Having read a few other things about your vet, I have thought they had a funny attitude for a while. Our vets would have done in- house bloods and phoned as soon as possible, they phone me immediately after an op to let me know how things have gone, and have done this even before I worked there. They would especially push the boat out for a good client who pays their bills regularly, and they don't even charge for syringes!
Perhaps the only reason they are good with bunnies, is because you are a client. You could go to another one and train a more appreciative vet who would will value the experience you can give them.

Back