• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Taking Honey to PDSA on Tuesday

Tinytoez

Warren Scout
I have posted on here before about the problems I have had with Honey, since we rescued her 3 weeks ago today, well as it turns out my mum qualifies for free treatment from the PDSA as she is my nans primary carer and cant work (my nan has altzimers sp? - old timers), my nan doesnt remember things very well, and has even been known to walk around the garden in her PJs feeding the flowers sandwiches and the cat which isnt even hers Chocolate Mousse!
I originally managed to get her in for Monday but nan has an appointment and mum has to go with her, so Ive now managed to get her in for 11.30 Tuesday morning, Im not sure if they will take the lump off there and then.

Hope it all goes well for you. Keep us posted.

Dont apologise for using the PDSA, its there for people like you who genuinely need it.

I love the last bit of your signature!

If you can use PDSA then do use it :D It's great that you can get the lump looked at & I think they also spay at the PDSA too so if the lump comes back clear you can then think about getting that done like you originally intended. My fingers are crossed for you.

That's what the PDSA is there for! If anything happened to me job and house wise I like to know that I would possibly be able to care for my pets until I was sorted again.

Hope the lump turns out to be nothing sinister! If you want your bunny spayed you should contact the RSPCA. :)

Thanks Everyone.
I had 3 choices to make and this was the best one I came up with.
Fristly, I could wait until I had saved up enough and risk the lump getting bigger.
Secondly, I could ignore it, and wait and see.
Thirdly, I could find an alternative to get it done quicker, which I did.

I do feel bad about using it, especially as Ive already taken her to a private vets for her jabs, and I dont know how he will react, but Honey is all that matters, and boy have I had sleepless nights and really bad moods over this latley, I even decided that I would never take in another pet in my whole life because I feel so bad, but at least once shes had this done and we know the outcome, we know we have given her every chance - and if it is the big C we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Awww dont be too hard on yourself about it, you rescued her and your doing everything you can to make her better now, thats all that matters! At least you are putting things right for her and are aware that she needs help, there are hartless people out there who never take thier buns to the vets for anything so dont worry! Well done for rescuing her and helping to make her better:D x x

Tomorrow is the Day 21.04.09 @ 11,30

I cant begin to tell you guys how worried I am getting already for Honey, we are taking her to the PDSA tomorrow, but I dont know if they will operate on just assess her.
I went for a dummy run tonight to make sure I know where it is because I know my mum hates being in cars, she hasnt driven since my brother passed his test, she wont drive my car and she hates being a passenger, so me getting lost will probably end up with us getting into an arguement - oh and she doesnt like motorways either - wish me luck guys :oops:

I purposly didnt go and see her on Saturday and Sunday because I wanted to give her some time with Katie, just incase it does turn out to be bad news, but I went down to see her tonight, she was in her run, Katie picked it up and lifted it over her, she took off at lightening speed, so I just stood there and eventually she came up to me and sniffed my leg so I stroked her and just picked her up, we took her inside to the office with the high backed chairs, she just snuggled up on my chest, then she kept climbing up my front to have her front paws on my shoulder (once she almost climbed OVER my shoulder) I managed to comb a bit of ikky fluff I found by her little piggy tail that I couldnt normally get to, and just like normal she just sat there sniffling and getting my chest wet, she has scratched me to high heavens and I look like Ive been misbehaving :oops::wave:

I cant explain what it is about sitting hugging a rabbit but its really calming, and always makes me feel better - Ive had a rough week or so, not feeling the best within my self, Im not sure what or why, but I forget all that when Ive got her with me, I spent about 2 hours with her tonight because I really didnt want to leave her - I really dont know what Im going to do if tomorow isnt good as her lump has grown so quickly.

Can we have a few vibes please guys :love:

Good luck :) Will be thinking of you

Try to get some rest yourself so you can be at your best for Honey :) xxx

Sending lots of vibes for Honey and you for tomorrow xx

PS My Nan had alzheimers, its a cruel illness I know your Mum must have her work cut out - so no way feel bad for using PDSA, thats what its there for x

Lots of vibes for today. I doubt they will operate today - most vets usually admit animals for ops first thing in the morning. If the lump needs taking off quite quickly they will probably book Honey in for tomorrow. ;);)

I should have updated this earlier, but it was a bit difficult when I had my parrot sitting on my laptop.

I went to work at 9 and left at 10.15, collected mum and Honey.

I drove down the M2 as it was quicker than going through the towns, but as soon a I got in my car I notices my Sat Nav was busted - it wont switch on or charge, thank goodness for the dummy run yesterday.

I got half way there and mum started telling me I was in the wrong lane so I sternly told her "we dont want to go to Chatham, we want to go to Canterbury" and she promplty shut up bless her.

We got there a bit early and by this time I was feeling really ill with nerves, and I made mum have a ciggy (yes its naughty) before we went in to calm hers.

We got inside and she registered, she tried taking the bunny and making me register but I had to tell her she needed to do it, then we sat down in a really crowded waiting room and waited for about half an hour.

We got called in and I explained about the lump, and he said we really have no choice but to operate and that it could be one of three things.
1. Abcess, which can be hard to treat and may come back.
2. Mammory tumour which may be confined to one breast.
3. Tumour, that may well have spread and will do if we dont operate.
He also said it may not be as its not immediatly noticed to be connected to her body, but we have to wait and see once its taken off.

I have to take her back for 8.30 on Wednesday 6th May, so we have to wait till then.

I was really suprised at hoe much like a conveyor belt it seemed as they had 3 vets and a nurse and tried getting people in and out as quick as possible, but Im sure I recognised the vet from the tv.

So far we have paid £20 in donations and I think they expect it every time we go, but £20 for an operation costing £90 isnt so bad.

I got back to work for 1.15 after having 3 hours off to spend the afternoon putting CDs into envelopes to send to clients when all I wanted to do was sit in the sun outside.

So Im still feeling as nervous as I did last night and its not doing me any good whatsoever.

That is a long time to wait for an op but I guess they are really busy and get booked up well in advance :?

I hope it all goes well for Honey, Stanley sends his love :love:

Yes 6th May was the only date we were offered for the operation, it is completley different from a private practice, it reminded me of the NHS really, but if anything happens in between I am not going to leave her, she will be going back early.

Hugo's There - Big Kisses from Honey back to Stanley :love: - once this is done with we may even get her a Husbun.

Back