• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plants for bunny garden?

Katya

New Kit
I've ordered my new hutch/run combo from happyhutch and it will be arriving in a few days. I'm going to move the hutch to a different part of the garden where I can fence a bit off so they can free run in that area (Ithink it will be impossible to bunny proof the whole of our garden) I want to put a few plants in there to make it look nice - are there any plants that are safe for rabbits but they won't eat because they don't like it? e.g. I was going to plant this area up with lavenders before I decided to put the buns there. Or am I wasting my time because they'll eat anything.
I'm new to having rabbits so I appreciate any advice.
Thanks

Hello.

Bunnies will not instinctively avoid plants that aren't good for them so if bunnies are to have access to your garden, then everything will get munched and needs to be bunny safe. They will adore lavendar, rosemary, roses, any herbs (nothing from the onion family - all bulbs are toxic to buns - including the tops)

There have been two threads this week with a good list - see what you can safely plant here....http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=176719

Back