• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Indy my Quaker Parrot

Tinytoez

Warren Scout
I have been asked to post some pictures of my Quaker Parrot, he is 8 months old right now and Ive had him since 13th December 08. I dont know what I would do without this little raskle, hes only about the size of a Cockatiel but hes a bit more chubby, he talks, and comes to find me in the morning.
Posing
038-1.jpg

After half a Bath - top half
001.jpg

Guess who it is with a wet head
057.jpg

One of his favourite places to sit - my lappy cleaning his beak
061.jpg

Not Entirely sure what hes looking for
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s133/tinytoez/041.jpg
Me and my boy
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s133/tinytoez/051.jpg
Indys House
048.jpg

My Chinchillas House - they are in there just look at the top half
043.jpg

And my Oh So Vicious Looking Mutley
009.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks,
Mutley isnt normally sweet at all, he was just caught in an uncharacteristic moment with a new toy in the garden - looks can be soo decieving, hes a GSD Monster Dog who hates everyone.
Indy is my sweetie, until he squarks so loud he wakes the whole house up, bites my toes!, has a bath and splashes me, or wont go to bed until Im so tired I forget to close his door and he comes and wakes me up by sitting on my face - I love him really, he chats away to me and I chat back, and I know exactly what hes saying even if hes mumbling in between the words I can actually hear him say.

Quaker Parrot For Sale

Notice

Indy for SALE

To the person with the most money and biggest ear
plugs, you must remember he nibbles fingers, and doesnt have any potty manners, and makes himself known if hes not near you - but other than that.....
Erm no way, never, not in a million years - sorry:love:

He lived with a CAG (Congo African Grey) before I got him, but it tried being the boss of him as he was only 4 months old at the time and still a baby (hes still not a grown up at 8months) and it scared him, as Sensae was always trying to peck him and shift him off of where he was sitting - thats really why I took him from the girl, she had only had him 6 weeks when she sold him and realised she had taken on too much with a CAG and a young Quaker, I think if he had been old enough to stick up for himself it would have been different.
I would love to tour the world seeing parrots in their natural habitats some day.

Notice

Indy for SALE

To the person with the most money and biggest ear
plugs, you must remember he nibbles fingers, and doesnt have any potty manners, and makes himself known if hes not near you - but other than that.....
Erm no way, never, not in a million years - sorry:love:

i got my hopes up then! :cry::cry:
:lol::love:

Sorry, getting a Parrot is much like getting a bun, you dont do it lightly.

It took me 2 months of research and then another 4 months to find him, but I knew what species I wanted as soon as I saw pics of QPs, just look on You Tube and you will see why, but the 2 big differences between parrots and buns are that, each species may need slightly different feeding and entertainment (yes they need to be entertained) and caging requirements vary lots in size, but the most important one is that parrots can live up to 80 years if they are on the larger end of the size spectrum (meaning Giant Macaws) the ones most people think of when they think "Pirates", even Indy could live up to 30 years.

Parrots fascinate me and being on the forum I use never stops amazing me as to what they get up to, how they look and behave etc.

Sorry, getting a Parrot is much like getting a bun, you dont do it lightly.

It took me 2 months of research and then another 4 months to find him, but I knew what species I wanted as soon as I saw pics of QPs, just look on You Tube and you will see why, but the 2 big differences between parrots and buns are that, each species may need slightly different feeding and entertainment (yes they need to be entertained) and caging requirements vary lots in size, but the most important one is that parrots can live up to 80 years if they are on the larger end of the size spectrum (meaning Giant Macaws) the ones most people think of when they think "Pirates", even Indy could live up to 30 years.

Parrots fascinate me and being on the forum I use never stops amazing me as to what they get up to, how they look and behave etc.

i know they are amazing!! i havent got quite the excitement of a big parrot.. i only have two budgies :love: thats all im aloud :lol::lol: :love:

Charlie & Milly (Milly preening charlie)
P2210084three.jpg
:love:

Bless them, they look sweet. Indy isnt exactly a big parrot, but they do say that Quakers have the attitude of big parrots just packaged in a tiny parrots body.

Hes sitting on my shoulder attacking my ear and moaning at me whilst blowing bubbles and combing my hair - all because Ive been out to pick up my car from its MOT and he didnt like me leaving him.
Hes also telling me to "come ere" and that hes a "Good Boy" in between all this.

Hes sitting on my shoulder attacking my ear and moaning at me whilst blowing bubbles and combing my hair - all because Ive been out to pick up my car from its MOT and he didnt like me leaving him.
Hes also telling me to "come ere" and that hes a "Good Boy" in between all this.

:lol::lol::lol:
Does he say anything else?
my dad taught milly to wolf whisle :lol: before she was with charlie

He mumbles a lot, which I think is him learning new words.
When he came to me he only knew one thing and that was Quack Quack.
Now he does lots of things.
Peep - pooooooooooo - when I play peepo with him, hiding his face.
Ahhhhhhhhh - when I go ahhhh peepo
Good Boy - or Goob, when hes feeling lazy
Come Ere
Oi
No
Kissy noises
blows raspberries

And a few other things that I cant remember right now, but hes doing really well, as some dont talk till they are at least a year old - if at all.

Last edited:
He mumbles a lot, which I think is him learning new words.
When he came to me he only knew one thing and that was Quack Quack.
Now he does lots of things.
Peep - pooooooooooo - when I play peepo with him, hiding his face.
Ahhhhhhhhh - when I go ahhhh peepo
Good Boy - or Goob, when hes feeling lazy
Come Ere
Oi
No
Kissy noises
blows raspberries

And a few other things that I cant remember right now, but hes doing really well, as some dont talk till they are at least a year old - if at all.

that is good! i think parrots are amazing and very intelegent! my friend thinks my birds are stupid 'bird brains' but really they arent.. she just cant understand that.. shes not really a pet person :lol:

There no in between, you are either a pet person or not, next time she says they are bird brains tell her thats a compliment as birds are really clever, then see what she says.

Oh no take cover, Hes having a bath!!!!

Back