• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

cookies at the vets :(

Dommy

Warren Scout
i took cookie to get spayed on wednesday morning, she came home the same day at about 5, she went in at 9 that morning.

she didnt eat all evening and didnt drink either so i kept an eye on her, in the morning she drank a little but still didnt eat and i took her to the vets as soon as i could that morning, they said to call them at about 3-4 to see if she is doing ok and can come home but she still didnt eat, they said shed had a little bit of a spinache leaf i think it was, but thats it

so i was told to call them today to see if she is doing well and can come home but she had to stay again tonight, and to call tomorow to check up on her.

am unsure how serious this is and if she is going to be ok, am very worried i need my big wookie back

I really don't want to scare you but after a 9 day fight, a much loved rabbit on this forum died after being spayed and falling into GI statis, this consists of no eating nor pooing, just a few nibbles and wees.
Please please please urge your vet to get her admitted, get her on fluids and givin the right medication such as critical care.
Sadly your vet should have kept her in over night to monitor her consumption.
Tons of vibes for your baby girl and good luck.

thanks, she was sent to another vets, to be treated overnight, they said they were gonna put her on medication but didnt give to many details, i also didnt know what questions to ask either.

thanks, she was sent to another vets, to be treated overnight, they said they were gonna put her on medication but didnt give to many details, i also didnt know what questions to ask either.

So is she at the vets now?
If you are in SW London or are willing to travel, Jack's-Jane's vet Crystobel is an extremely good vet.
X x x

that is another thing that puzzled me, they did tell me that theyd keep her overnight after being spayed if she was not eating, they told me i could take her home tht afternoon so i assumed she was fine,

yeh im in SW london, i dont think ill be taking lola (my other bun) there when its her turn, i used the blue cross in merton as its where my dog/cat are registered, thanks for the speedy replies help and concern

and yes she is at the vets now

yeh im in SW london, i dont think ill be taking lola (my other bun) there when its her turn, i used the blue cross in merton as its where my dog/cat are registered, thanks for the speedy replies help and concern

and yes she is at the vets now

Okay, if there is still no improvement PM Jack's Jane and I'm sure she'll be more than happy to lead you to her direction.
I'm sincerly sorry if I have scared you, just want best for you and your bun.
Sending my love and vibes for your little girl.
If you want to pop me a PM feel free.
X x x x x

Last edited:
i called them just now, they said she needs to stay in again cos she is STILL not eating, they asked me her favorite veg so they could try her with that, other than that they didnt say much else

very worried :S

I am very reluctant to leave any of my rabbits at the vets if there is anything i can do for them here , i hope she will be eating soon x

Sending massive vibes Cookies way.If she hasnt eaten and your vets havent got her on IV fluids I would urge you to get her to a different vets today

its sunday and she went in on thursday afternoon , still she is not eating and still at the vets

theyre syringe feeding her but thats about all i know

Are you able to go see her? Maybe she might try taking something from you now. Hope she starts eating soon. x

^^ i dont think i can make it there this afternoon, but tomorow i will

thanks for all the support is much apreciated ;)

cookie living a life of luxary in her bed

29112008009.jpg

Last edited:
Back