• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OH's Son

CazScho

Mama Doe
My OH has a 6 year old son who I don't know very well. He's come to stay with us this weekend, probably 3rd or 4th time in total though we go up to where he lives more often to see him. It's all a bit confusing for me as I don't have kids and after years of not wanting them have recently had mixed feelings about it, while my OH has just had the snip :roll:

After I got the rabbits last year I was pretty worried about him coming and seeing them, as I thought he'd be too loud and noisy and he'd scare my precious babies!! He came over a few months ago while Dillon was an indoor bunny and he was actually brilliant with him, really quiet and gentle and there was only one time where he was a bit over-exuberant and noisy and I think I was probably being over-sensitive as it was about Harriet who was really ill at the time.

Anyway, firstly, Iains mum told Ben about Harriet when she died. The first thing Ben said was "Caroline will be upset" which I thought was lovely that he understood how I felt about them. When we planned for him to come up this weekend, he asked Iain's mum if they could go to the pet shop a few days ago, and he bought some treats for the bunnies and a big old bunny toy - all his own idea!!!!! I'm so impressed with him, he's really really surprised me. He's also like a sponge, he remembers everything so I can really teach him lots about bunnies and how they should be looked after. He's also willing to get involved with cleaning out and bunny poo which his dad wouldn't touch with a barge pole!!! He's such a lovely little boy :D

aw thats so sweet. My cousin is a bit like that. hes ten, and hes so lovely with the bunnies. and he sent me an email the other day asking how peanut was, its so sweet that they think of stuff like that.

he sounds very sweet,and its nice you dont have to worry about him with the buns :)

Oh he sounds lovely. Its really nice that's he gentle with the rabbits. So sweet of him to think of buying the treats for the bunnies.

That just warms my heart. What a sweet kid. :)

It just reminded me of a story I read on rabbit.org I thought I might share...

When Samantha came into our foster home, she was distrustful of humans.She had endured an untreated broken leg, which had to be surgically repaired. Because of her shyness, we thought it best not to let an 8-month-old human guest touch her. With his small fingers gripping the cage, the toddler thrust his face tight against the wire and laughed at the mere sight of the bunny. Samantha did a sideways kick. The youngster laughed harder. Samantha did two side kicks and spun around. Still more excited shrieks of laughter followed. Then even sillier antics followed after that. Fortunately the cage was large enough for the spirals and 180 degree flips. We finally had to intercede for the safety of both the performer and the spectator. The child was breathless with laughter, and the bunny was overdoing her mended leg.

We had never seen Samantha behave in such a way. She was transformed from a shy bunny into a slapstick comedian. What ever triggered her performance must have been an intuitive cue she received from the child.

I just thought that was so cute! I really love kids and kids who are good with bunnies are the best! :love:

he sounds really lovely, must make all the difference when the mom and dad are not at war and hes allowed to openly like his stepmom, a credit to you OH and his X :love::love:

Back