• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week in Twickenham I am bonding ....

janice

Wise Old Thumper
I have Testosterone filled Smokey who has met his girl friend Lisa who he is not going to let too far from him.

2gskf20.jpg

Meet Lucky and Bertie. Lucky is a tiny nethie who comes with 'attitude' Bertie is a really quiet, calm boy who hopefully will encourage lucky to become a lovely calm lady. She will be ready to be neutered in a couple of months which also may also help with getting rid of the teenage attitude :D

30k4qi8.jpg

Meet Honey and her new partner. Honey is the bunny who had a litter of babies who was intially fostered with Zoe. Hopefully Zoe will come on line this weekend as I am sure she will be pleased to finally see her on her preparation weekend prior to going out to her new home.

5vyxlg.jpg

Did you have a nice weekend off Jancie? :D
Good luck with this week's pairs :D

I might have had a week off bonding bunnies, however I was doing 2 pairs of older boy piggies instead.

I have good vibes already for these groups.

Yay i'm so pleased for Honey :love:

Are bunnies or piggies easier to bond Janice?

I prefer to bond rabbits than 2 male piggies. Rabbits in general I can almost guarantee that it will work, piggies the likelihood with bonding boys is far less. Male / female or 2 female piggies are usually very very easy.

View My Video
This is Lucky and Bertie. Lucky was originally a little hesitant about Bertie and would run if he got too close. Bertie has for a little while been eating hay and you can see that Lucky is getting desperate for some attention and keeps lowering her head next to him then wanders off and then comes back and represents her self to him. I dont think she is quite sure what to make of having bunny company.

View My Video

As you can see Smokey is a little overprotective of his new lady friend. Currently at the moment I think he is a little worried she is goign to leave him, he has this need that he can only be away from her for less than about 10 seconds and then he is back to check up on her :D

This morning Smokey is still a little 'persisten' although this is better than last night, she is tolerating him well and spends her time in between his attention grooming herself. They 'snuggle' a lot together and he is desperate for some attention from his new wife which is why I think he is as persistent as he is still. He is doing an excellent job at helping her do the final part of her moult. They will definately be ready to go out any time from tonight onwards. I am very impressed with how clean that these two are, not a wee or a poo outside the tray :D

Honey and he new boyfriend are very well matched for each other in colour and size. Since I have been up Honey has sp[ent her time eating hay whilst he is just lounging in the tray full of hay. They at the moment are playing hard to get and for most of the time appear to be ignoring each other.If they dont start paying attention to each other soon, I will start using some of my tricks to see if I can get them to pay some attention to each other. There is no aggression just ignoring each other.

Lucky and Bertie are keeping about a foot apart, she seems less worred about Bertie being there this morning in comparison to when she arrived. She has spent quite a bit of time washing this morning and nibbling at some greens and some pellets, whereas Bertie appears very interested in what is going on around him and has just sat there eating hay.

View My Video As you can see Honey and her new boyfriend are happy to sit next to each other but there is not a lot of interaction amongst them. The really good news is that there is no agression. I am pretty certain before too long that one will make the move on the other and break the ice ;)

Good luck with the bonding, it all seems to be going very well - its soooo lovely to see them all going off to lovely new homes :love: . My Alfie (Lisa's son) and Ruby (Bertie's sister) say 'hi' :wave: to their little friends and wish them all good luck :D .

View My Video As you can still see Smokey is quite dependent on Lisa and doesnt go too far from her. Lisa has just gone to the other side of the pen and has just laid down in the sun, within 30 seconds Smokey was there lying in his dead rabbit pose!

View My Video
This is Lucky and Bertie who seem to have settled more this afternoon although still playing hard to get a little bit. Again we have no aggression ... but a small amount of stamping feet by Lucky!

They are a lovely group of bunnies, and funnily enough they are all sitting here grooming themselves tonight.

Back