• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update From Lou Re Cleo

capel

Warren Veteran
I tacked this on to the other thread but was worried that folk would assume it was just my previous post..if that makes sense.:?

Another update from Lou. She passed the info on about Questrane, Jane, but nothing was done about it. Anyway, they've sent the poor bun home again with more metacam and recovery food and said that they've to continue the syringe feeding /warmth regime and "hopefully" she'll start pooing tomorrow, and that they'll see her again next week:shock: They say that the jelly/runny poo was probably a reaction to the anaesthetic and that the reason she's not pooing at all now is because she's not eating. But she is being syringe fed and what she is passing is very small watery and smells awful... She has been drinking from the bottle according to the vetnurse. I have offered to take cleo to my vet but I'm worried that if it is ME I could inadvertantly pass it on to my buns..

I tacked this on to the other thread but was worried that folk would assume it was just my previous post..if that makes sense.:?

Another update from Lou. She passed the info on about Questrane, Jane, but nothing was done about it. Anyway, they've sent the poor bun home again with more metacam and recovery food and said that they've to continue the syringe feeding /warmth regime and "hopefully" she'll start pooing tomorrow, and that they'll see her again next week:shock: They say that the jelly/runny poo was probably a reaction to the anaesthetic and that the reason she's not pooing at all now is because she's not eating. But she is being syringe fed and what she is passing is very small watery and smells awful... She has been drinking from the bottle according to the vetnurse. I have offered to take cleo to my vet but I'm worried that if it is ME I could inadvertantly pass it on to my buns..

HeadBanging.gif

I assume that Cleo wont eat unaided and that she has not passed any formed faeces ?

I am beginning to despair of things lately.....................:cry:

That's right, although her hopes were raised this morning when she saw her nibble a piece of hay..but that's all. Since then, nothing..her guts haven't moved at all

Thanks for posting this Hilda,

For those who dont know who i am, im Loobie_Lou's partner Claire.

Just a quick update about our Cleo, she has been eating her critical care food that the vet gave us, also she has been taking water and her meds well. All be it aided by me but still she is trying :)

She has also been eating a small amount of hay :)

ALSO . . . she has had three poos, all of which had sort sort of form, although a little soft and mucusy.

Thanks everyone for all the help and advice that you are giving us at this moment in time :):)

xxx

Thanks for the update Claire. Things are looking a bit more hopeful, esp as she is now eating something. Fingers crossed and massive vibes!

Back