• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recovering after a dental....

charlie82

Mama Doe
Just wondered how long it takes other members buns to recover.

All mine have been different, some bounce back straight away and others take a while to pick up.

Teddy had a dental on Wednesday and is still refusing to eat. This is not unusual for him as he usually takes a few days to get back to normal. He won't accept syringe feeds as he point blank refuses to swallow. I'm giving him the usual, metoclop, zantac, and he's had the maximum dose of metacam but he worries me everytime. It makes me feel really guilty for doing this to him.

I only have one dental bun archie, since i've had him he's had two dentals and he's always got back to normal quickly after them. He comes home and eats straight away by the next day he's acting totally fine. I'm lucky so far as he's come round from every GA well :)
I hope teddy will be okay x

Thanks,

I'm quite worried about him now because he won't touch a thing, the metacam is clearly not dealing with his discomfort. :(

Poor teddy :cry: The only thing I can get archie to eat when he's poorly is porridge oats. Not sure what to suggest, sorry.

Back