• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I could not believe my eyes-pics added, eventually

Dylans_Mam

Warren Scout
when i was grooming Dylan last night. Dylan has the finest, softest, thickest, most cuddly and fluffiest fur i have ever seen on an animal, it is about 2 to 3 inches long. Over the last few days when i have been grooming him i have been getting handfuls, and i mean handfuls of fur out of him, i thought this was just him moulting so i didn't think anything of it. But, the handfuls of fur kept on coming, i started to worry that if i brushed him any more would have a little bald bunny running around, so i took a closer look. I could not believe it, Dylan is not just moulting, he is shedding his full coat of fur! A totally different texture and colour of fur has appeared :shock:. He is changing form a blue/gray and white fluffy bunny to a black, brown and white not fluffy bunny. At the minute he looks like a little patch work quilt, he has different patches of fur all over him :lol: he looks so funny. So, in a few more days, every one will think i have swapped Dylan for a new rabbit :cry:.
I had absolutely no idea this would happen, it has made me very emotional. My little fluffy baby is going to look so grown up in his new fur.
Has anyone else had this happen with their bunny?
I wonder what Dylan's next surprise will be, he keeps me on my toes :love:

Last edited:
How old is he..

Rabbits of long haired origin do shed their coat within the first year so it's probably him not just moulting, but getting his adult coat in too!

How old is he..

Rabbits of long haired origin do shed their coat within the first year so it's probably him not just moulting, but getting his adult coat in too!

He is about 11 months old now. I thought that might happen, i just didn't expect him to change colour to, hehe.

When we got Humpfs, he was the same. Lots of fur everywhere. Looked like something had died in the garden!!! :lol: He started off dark brown but has ended up looking ginger......

When we got Humpfs, he was the same. Lots of fur everywhere. Looked like something had died in the garden!!! :lol: He started off dark brown but has ended up looking ginger......

Dylan has got a big ginger patch on his neck now, i cant wait to see what he looks like. I will miss the gray fluffy monster though. :lol:

Pics dodnt work, sorry

Hello everyone,

I managed to get a few photos of Dylan over the weekend, much to his disapproval, i dont think he wants anyone to see him like this :oops:.

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Sounds like he's getting his adult coat in too. If he'd have done it earlier, then he would've lost his coat during winter.
Can't wait to see pics :)

That facebook link worked :)
I see what you mean about him turning into a completely different bunny! He's gonna look like a lop version of my Dylan before very long!!

Aw he looks just like my little Hedgehog! Except Hedgehog didn't moult in such a dramatic fashion... :lol:

Back