• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT TRansport Notts To Oxford

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Is anyone able to get Tigger and Lindt from Nottingham to Oxford services this Sunday?

These lads really want to go to their new..and hopefully forever home..and have a chance if they can start their journey this Sunday
I know its short notice..but anyone???:D

I wish I could help Jill, but sadly not up that way.

Hope you get some lovely person to do this for those great buns.

Hi Jill,

I could probably do Notts/Leicester to somewhere on the A43 if that helps?
I've got a soft spot for these little lads:love:

Kate

Tigs and Lindt are with me, so I can take them down M1 to Northampton services (A43 junction), or alternatively meet KateB at Leicester services?

Thank you everyone
Amy didn't have time to ring you re this before had to rush to vets

Can you liase with Kate to arrange hand over?

KateB can you pm Tinsel to ask where you could meet and times?/
Not sure how far up Nicky (Tinsel) can come:?

This is what makes this forum great..so many kind people:D

Hi all and thank you for helping!

Thanks for the pm Kate - will be travelling from Essex to Oxford on Sunday morning...will check to see how far away that is from Leicester...

Okay, have looked at route planner..would it be possible to meet at Brackley? Seems to be halfway between Northamptonshire and Oxford.
If so, what time would suit you best? I can try to fit around that as much as possible. I'm going straight back to Essex afterwards so can be flexible. At some point I need to unload my son plus his stuff but happy not to help him unpack! :lol::lol:

Just ot help..a bit further on from Brackely..for you Tinsel..at a place called Syresham..there is a large pub called the Green Man..open all day for coffess/drinks so good place to meet
on main road..but be warned lots of speed cameras
Can google it:D
just a suggestion

Just ot help..a bit further on from Brackely..for you Tinsel..at a place called Syresham..there is a large pub called the Green Man..open all day for coffess/drinks so good place to meet
on main road..but be warned lots of speed cameras
Can google it:D
just a suggestion

Sounds fine by me if Kate is happy with it.... :wave:

I live virtually on the A43 at Towcester. I am happy to pop up to J15a of M1 to collect some bunnies - and could get them across to the M40 Services - at the other end of the A43 - I think that is J9. I will PM Jill my mobile no. in case I am needed - if, so, just need to know what time as I can't do early evening but should be able to do other times of the day - Or my place could be used as a drop off/pick up if the times peeps are available to travel don't match. Let me know

I live virtually on the A43 at Towcester. I am happy to pop up to J15a of M1 to collect some bunnies - and could get them across to the M40 Services - at the other end of the A43 - I think that is J9. I will PM Jill my mobile no. in case I am needed - if, so, just need to know what time as I can't do early evening but should be able to do other times of the day - Or my place could be used as a drop off/pick up if the times peeps are available to travel don't match. Let me know

That would be fantastic! It should be during the day rather than evening...do you mean Oxford services? I think that's where Kerina and I swapped Truffles for Kimmy and Angelica.... :D Really grateful to everyone involved. T and L have been in rescue a long time, and this might clear o spaces for 2 more RIN :wave:

To be honest not sure whether that is Oxford Services - I don't think so. There are services at the end of the A43 - Junction 10 of M40 - looking at Streetmap, they could be called Cherwell Valley.

To be honest not sure whether that is Oxford Services - I don't think so. There are services at the end of the A43 - Junction 10 of M40 - looking at Streetmap, they could be called Cherwell Valley.

Hmm...is it Cherwell Valley services, Bicester? That would be fine...:wave:

So, is this right? AbbyMarySmokey to KateB at Leicester Services. KateB to me at M1 J15a Services. Me to Tinsel at M40/A43 Services.
Any idea of times? If there is a deiscrepancy - I can collect from J15a and take home - then take later to Tinsel.

Last edited:
Yay! I think we should all wear bunny nose/ears on our cars, a la red nose day, to show we're bunny-running...come to think of it that's not a bad fundraising idea for rescues...mmm...

In terms of timing, I'm happy to fit around everyone else. Basically I have to drive from Essex Sunday morning, unload son at Oxford, then go home to Essex, so I could pick up the boys at any time between 10.30-ish and 3-ish. Once I get to Oxford it will be much easier to time the journey from there, so the offer of taking them home for a spell may be a good one as I don't want to keep anyone waiting... Does that help? Huge thank yous to everyone involved!! :wave:

We are going from Nottingham to Oxford tomorrow if this help at all. We are setting off tomorrow morning and going to a village near Bleinham palace and then onto a wildlife sanctuary in South Oxford. I'd need someone to get bunnies to us tonight tho as we are just off now to do a home check in Chesterfield.

We go past Green Man so I know where you mean if we can meet anyone there?

Beth
x

So, is this right? AbbyMarySmokey to KateB at Leicester Services. KateB to me at M1 J15a Services. Me to Tinsel at M40/A43 Services.
Any idea of times? If there is a deiscrepancy - I can collect from J15a and take home - then take later to Tinsel.

I think this is the latest plan? If so, it works for me!:D:wave:

Time wise, I'd want to allow roughly an hour for LFE services to J15a - how does that fit with everyone else?

I think this is the latest plan? If so, it works for me!:D:wave:

Time wise, I'd want to allow roughly an hour for LFE services to J15a - how does that fit with everyone else?

Fine, unless Beth's offer is easier? I'm happy with whatever is easiest for everyone else :wave:

Back