• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

LaRue is fine now

carasblanco

Mama Doe
Thanks to all the vibes from everyone when she was so sick and so sorry to not log on and tell everyone she eventually pulled through. Sadly my beautiful and sweet Valentina came down with the same thing and she passed on :cry: :cry: I just was so shocked and heartbroken that I just couldn't come on here.
If there is anything that I could share that I learned, is that I would have to say that my biggest mistake was not paying attention to a sneeze. :( Both Bunnies had a sneeze, maybe just one or two and both times If I took their temperatures and saw they were elevated on that first day and started treatment then, I might have not had to nurse LaRue for so long or lost Valentina. Also as I was nursing LaRue, I didn't think about the possibility that someone else wasn't well so I didn't look closely enough at everyone else. :cry: With both of them they were hunched up sitting in a funny place the second day after the 1st day when there was the sneeze and with both of them I didn't became alarmed until the 2nd day at which point I took their temperatures which were very high. I guess I'm just trying to say that I've learned not to disregard a sneeze :( My vet still does not know exactly what happened or what they had.
I plan on getting on the forum more to look into what everyone is doing with preventative care and building immune systems lately & I hope everybun and their mummy is doing well. I Really Miss you guys, you are all so great :wave:

Oh I am sorry about Valentina :cry:
I too learned that the occassional sneeze is not always a minor thing :cry:

I do hope that LaRue will now remain well :)

Oh I am sorry about Valentina :cry:
I too learned that the occassional sneeze is not always a minor thing :cry:

I do hope that LaRue will now remain well :)
Oh thank you so much Jane, it really means a lot.
LaRue is my EC bun but has done so very well for a year and a half and is such a confident and happy bunnie so I haven't been on alert for anything.
I really wondered if you had found that a sneeze could turn out to be so serious. Gosh, with you saying so too, I will especially be even more hypervigilant now.
The other thing I have gone back to doing is giving everybun an apricot every morning because it is everyone's favorite and they all grab it so vigorously. In the past if they don't grab it I know to check temperatures. I stopped buying them because they doubled in price with the big food cost increases last summer :cry: but since this all happened they have been mandatory food shopping again.
Hugs and kisses to your beautiful Felicity:love: and I hope she comes around again very soon xxx

Oh thank you so much Jane, it really means a lot.
LaRue is my EC bun but has done so very well for a year and a half and is such a confident and happy bunnie so I haven't been on alert for anything.
I really wondered if you had found that a sneeze could turn out to be so serious. Gosh, with you saying so too, I will especially be even more hypervigilant now.
The other thing I have gone back to doing is giving everybun an apricot every morning because it is everyone's favorite and they all grab it so vigorously. In the past if they don't grab it I know to check temperatures. I stopped buying them because they doubled in price with the big food cost increases last summer :cry: but since this all happened they have been mandatory food shopping again.
Hugs and kisses to your beautiful Felicity:love: and I hope she comes around again very soon xxx

Yes many years ago I had a Bun who developed a 'dry sneeze'. At first I just thought she had dust up her nose but after a few days I took her to my then Vet. She said it was 'just an allergy' but within a few days the Bun stopped eating and she was making huge respiratory efforts. She had pneumonia and by then it was too late to save her :cry:

I am hoping that Felicity will recover. She is still poorly but not nearly as bad as this time yesterday.

xx

Thank you for pointing this out as I dont know much about sneezing. Im so sorry you lost Valentina, big hugs, I hope LaRue continues to make a good recovery.

Lovely to see you and your gorgeous siggy back on the forum x x x

Back