• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed setups..with runs.

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
I know this really oughto be in housing but I know more of you look in here...

I FINALLY have my new shed for Sadie and Paddy. Its a 6x4 one from b&q with a little window. Its all getting put together this weekend (weather permitting)

I'm just not sure how to go about fixing on the run. I want it 6ft long, and 2ft high I think? Is this high enough or should it be higher?

I want to get my boyfriend to make me the panels...so I was also wondering if any of you have made your own and how you went about it!

I really want it to be as perfect as I can make it...so my terrible twosome can move out into a lovely new home!

Thanks in advance for any advice and help :)

It's easier to make them 3ft tall as the wire mesh is usually 3ft wide. I think the little bit of extra head room is good for the buns too. Also it makes it so that you can crawl in there if need be :)

Ah good thinking, thanks for that!

Yea we're getting a cat flap aswell, I want to beable to shut them in when I'm cleaning etc. And we've got a pesky fox who comes round at night aswell. :( I want them to be safe. :)

Have you thought about buying panels? West Hagley Avaries do 6x3 panels for £7 each if you ask for unplaned wood. I think its cheaper and easier then making your own. I made my 6x6x3 run for £35.

Have you thought about buying panels? West Hagley Avaries do 6x3 panels for £7 each if you ask for unplaned wood. I think its cheaper and easier then making your own. I made my 6x6x3 run for £35.

I think I may very well do that Shel, I remember you telling us about yours and they looked really good. I think I'm going to give them a call!

Are they easy enough to attatch together? x

I think I may very well do that Shel, I remember you telling us about yours and they looked really good. I think I'm going to give them a call!

Are they easy enough to attatch together? x

You just need to screw them together. or for extra strength add metal brackets to the corners. If you go for 6ft high you can even have a door added - so its much easier to clean. I am sure you can even modify the 3ft high so you can have a door too.

Back