• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treacle is in for speying tomorrow.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Wish us luck, Treacle, our final girl is in for speying tomorrow.:shock:
That means we have had Milly, Molly, Sorrell, Xena, Jessica ( Jess was already speyed) (and of course, Kizzy who we lost) all this since we lost Bertha to uterine cancer a year ago.
Treacle is over 5 and been on a diet for quite a while now, so I hope she doesn't have a difficult time, feel quite worried, but glad she will be the last- for the time being. She and Oddeye are the friendliest pair of buns we have, and she came to us in a terrible state, so I hope I am doing the right thing!
TreackleOddeye001.jpg

Just had a look back and we lost Bertha on the 12 of April last year.
I suppose at least I learnt something from her passing, but wish I found out sooner.:(

good luck! and i hope you dont mind me changing the subject but do they all get on? i have two girls and they are both spayed but blimeme they are trouble makers! tonight i let them both explore each others houses as some one suggested this may be a way of them making friends- i have done the unknown territory thing and i have let them be together with me around but still they both want to be top dog! what should i do!!! and i always am the one covered in:evil: the bruises!

Thanks for the good wishes.
treacle is through her op and waking up, the vet said it was one of the easiest rabbit speys he's done, so her diet must have worked ( must try it on myself). He said she is quite bright already and can be collected later this afternoon, she needed a dental too, and although the right hand side of her mouth was fine, the left hand lower jaw had very few teeth which meant the upper ones have overgrown. I do hope she starts eating without any problem, and I haven't placed too much strain on her, but I wanted to avoid her having to go under in the near future again. It now seems like we will have to keep and eye on her as the left teeth are obviously going to be a problem, but she likes her food and is a good hay eater, so I hope it will mean she doesn't need the op too often.

But that is it, my 'project' from last year is done, all my girls are speyed.:D

Last edited:
good luck! and i hope you dont mind me changing the subject but do they all get on? i have two girls and they are both spayed but blimeme they are trouble makers! tonight i let them both explore each others houses as some one suggested this may be a way of them making friends- i have done the unknown territory thing and i have let them be together with me around but still they both want to be top dog! what should i do!!! and i always am the one covered in:evil: the bruises!

Hi, most of my girls are paired with boys, we do have one trio of 3 girls and a boy and it was a very easy bonding. I think it is more tricky to bond same sex pairs, but is possible. We tend to do slow bonding rather than the quick bonds most people do on here. This means we let the rabbits run side by side in seperate runs, for anything up to a month, and then put them together, initially for a few hours, then all day and finally overnight in the run. This can take a good few months, but we have only had a few failures, and never had a bond broken. At the end of the day it comes down to the rabbit's personality. It might be better posting this on your own thread as there are lots of people with more bonding experience than me.:)

Back