• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance claim for dentals??

If it wasn't a pre-condition you should be able to. You would need to check on your insurance if they cover teeth but if you don't try you won't be any worse off.

Petplan will not pay out for dentals, unless the vet puts something else down as a primary condition that resulted in needing a dental. If you try claiming under 'dental' they will not pay it.

from the small print i get the impression that if preventative treatment is advised and not done then it isnt covered but if a bun has a yearly check and something still develops after an all clear by the vet then it is covered :D

i guess the only way to find out is put a claim in and hope for the best (as with all insurance!!)

What was the exact treatment?

If it was just a burring then I believe no.

If it was something complicated and not routine then you should be able to as long as it wasn't preexisting.

Back