• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Felicity-23rd April- Last U/D Post 333-Now Doing Quite Well :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
We suspect obstructed ileus :cry:
Christabel has prescribed all relevant treatment and Felicity is also on fluids.
She is a very sick Bunny :cry: The next 12 hours are critical. I will not opt for surgical intervention due to its high risk and the fact all previous Rabbits (5) I have had who have undergone surgery for a GI obstruction have died soon after surgery.

:cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear about Felicity. I will keep her in my thoughts tonight. xx

Thanks everyone
This has come as a huge shock as it all happened within the space of an hour :cry: I have never seen a Rabbit in so much pain :cry: Felicity kept throwing herself about and biting at her sides, one side then the other. At first I thought she was fitting but it quickly became apparent that she was in acute and severe pain :cry:
Thankfully the very strong painkillers Christabel has prescribed have kicked in now and she is no longer distressed. She will stay on fluid therapy all night and if she survives we'll review things in the morning.

:cry:

Oh, Jane I hope she will be OK.

When Katy was ill with her blockage my vet believes that the barium also helped to get inbetween her blockage to help break things up. I think it is barium (the white chalky stuff they use to help show things up on X-ray), might be worth a go if things don't pick up for Felicity.

Sending her massive vibes and a big hug to you.

That's such a shock, and so distressing for her to go through and for you to watch.. :cry: do hope she feels better in the morning!

Back