• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch envy - do you suffer from it?

Liz1966

Warren Veteran
Storm and Mallow have perfectly adequate accommodation. It's not perfect but its ok and they get a couple of hours free ranging in the garden anyway.
But when I see other people's set ups I can't help feeling my bunnies are not getting the standard they deserve. They have a hutch and 24/7 access to a run but now I feel as a minimum I should be offering them:

A forsham cottages really big hutch http://www.forshamcottagearks.com/small-pet-runs-and-hutches/really-big-rabbit-hutch.htm
together with a custom made bunny run built the size of an aviary
http://www.aviaries4u.co.uk/rabbit_runs.htm

So, do all bunny mummies feel inadequate or should I go out and buy the Rolls-Royce (or should that be Hilton Hotel?) of bunny homes?

DSC00365.jpg

i love my set up.. so nope no hutch envy here... little gits cant be trusted with a whole room in a private rented house and thats the only way i feel the cage could improve, plus it travels too so thats a bonus not many set ups ive seen are travel ones too :p

i am however extremely jealous of people with more than one pair of buns :lol::lol::lol:

Storm and Mallow have perfectly adequate accommodation. It's not perfect but its ok and they get a couple of hours free ranging in the garden anyway.
But when I see other people's set ups I can't help feeling my bunnies are not getting the standard they deserve. They have a hutch and 24/7 access to a run but now I feel as a minimum I should be offering them:

A forsham cottages really big hutch http://www.forshamcottagearks.com/small-pet-runs-and-hutches/really-big-rabbit-hutch.htm
together with a custom made bunny run built the size of an aviary
http://www.aviaries4u.co.uk/rabbit_runs.htm

So, do all bunny mummies feel inadequate or should I go out and buy the Rolls-Royce (or should that be Hilton Hotel?) of bunny homes?

DSC00365.jpg

I'm with you on this one I have definete (sp?) hutch and run envy , although my 2 have more than enough room they have a thistle hall each and half the garage too but I would love them to have an aviary style run and shed. Maybe when I move I will invest in one for them but as they won't bod they'd have to have a shed each so might be quite costly!!

I started off with a hutch and run, then a shed and now 2 sheds, with walk in runs, I would like a barn:lol: and small holding, but thats my dream:D:lol:

i am however extremely jealous of people with more than one pair of buns :lol::lol::lol:

I have two pairs of bunnies :lol: Ooops sorry... couldnt resist! :lol:

I dont see the point in feeling bad about my accommodation... it is rescue approved and that is good enough for me... sure if I win the lottery I would move and get a massive garden and bunny sheds all over... but that is a dream away lol :lol:

The only thing i would like, is for my babies, Lottie and George to be able to have free range run of the garden :) This isnt possible, as the garden isnt secure enough and theres too many cats around :(

Ronnie and Lola (if they ever bond) have a 8 x 6ft shed and 11ft x 8ft run, which id have liked bigger :lol:

Theres just no please in some people :oops::oops: xXx

if I win the lottery I would move and get a massive garden and bunny sheds all over

That's it! When I think about winning the lottery I can easily imagine the dream home for the bunnies, not so sure what I would want for myself though !

My bunnies have 6' hutches with attached 10' x 6' runs and have loads of space when inside but I'd love them to have huge sheds with bigger runs, not happening while I'm still living at home though! They're happy with their accommodation but I do get jealous of some peoples set ups.

Yeah I definitely have hutch envy, I'm constantly trying to think of ways to make their accommodation better. It's probably a good thing my hubby stops me as I could probably get carried away otherwise :lol:

I'm immensely jealous of Kris' kennel

I get well jealous when members say their hubby has built them some fantastic bunny palace, when mine won't lift a finger to help (or do any DIY for that matter). :roll: :oops:

I don't suffer from hutch envy.

I suffer from NIC condo envy. :(

I just recently asked rachie_j if I could steal her design! I'm shameless. :oops:

I do!! having seen bunnyaddicts 'bunningham' palace project!.:oops:... i have a lodger who pays cheap rent in return for doing some building work for me.... i think the bathroom will be on hold now until he has transformed the garden shed into a gaint hutch!! :lol::lol:

Not so much hutch envy but I envy people who have their rabbits indoors. I would love to have a "bunny room" but my house is so small there's barely enough room for me and the kids:roll: I will have to bring Domino in during the winter as he gets older because of his disability but quite how its going to work, I dont know

When i see some other accommodation i sometimes feel like aww i wish i could have that - but saying that what we have for our buns is by no means small and its the best we can (or cant really :lol: ) afford :D
No matter what accommodation i have for my animals my thoughts are always "it could be bigger"

Back