• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peanut - further results

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
All of peanuts results are back, and its not very good.

He has two types of bacteria in the hock already. which you all know, but the third result back has confirmed he has a THIRD type of bacteria which takes longet to grow, which is why it is keep coming back. It is resistant against baytril, and against Marbocyl.

He now is trying another antibiotics, (dont know the name, it will arrive in the post in a few days). which is risky as it sometimes destorys the good gut bacteria in their tummy and causes other problems, but its that or nothing.

The vet isnt very optimistic, and she thinks its going to be very hard to beat this.

I dont know what to think now. she says because of the type of bacteria it is, she doesnt think taking out the pocket will get rid of it.

I am starting to think this is the beginning of the end for my boy. she also suspects E.C, due to his weightloss and weird episode the other day, hes having blood tests.

Very sorry the results aren't more positive :(

Poor Peanut. Loads of vibes that the new antibiotic will help and he'll escape the possible side effects.

so sorry to hear this sj :(
i hope peanut pulls through!
Sending lots of vibes for you and peanut.
Get well soon peanut.. for all of us xxx

im so sorry hun i hope this anti biotic works for him :(

would a leg amputation not get rid of it? :? sorry ive probably missed loads of posts :(

sending lots of vibes hun

Its an abcess that keeps coming back. the fluid drips into the hock and creates an abcess. :(

I dont know what the antibiotic is called, ill find out when it arrives. :)

leg amputation will not work asit will most likely fill up fluid, and even if it doesnt, it will cause too much pressure on his remaining leg as he has slipping ligaments.

I'm so sorry it wasn't better news but I'm really hoping that the new antibiotic can help your precious little man. xxx

Oh know honey that's awful.

Have you got any pro biotic, such as Avipro? May help keep the good bacteria flowing during his time of stress and medication :D

Back