• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poisonous plants?

omg! i never new so many things were poisonous to rabbits! im go to have to be carefull:shock:

There are lots, but, your bun is unlikely to come into contact with most of them, if he/she is just grazing on the lawn. Some are houseplants and as with all plants they grow in different conditions, so you will never find a mass of those poisonous plants all together. It's a good idea to familiarise yourself with the ones you are likely to come accross in the hedgerow or growing in your garden ( like bulbous plants - tulips, dafodils etc..) houseplants and woodland plants such as celendine and foxgloves, as your bun is more likely to be at risk from these rather than the more exotic ones. :D

Watch out for azaleas. They are apparently fatal for rabbits. That said, don't panic as mine chomped on one in my garden for a while before I found out this vital info and they're both fine. Removed the azalea of course. Not sure what's going on there. Perhaps only certain types?

Oh and one piece of advice I had was to keep them away from anything evergreen. Not sure if that's because all evergreens are bad or if it's to be on the safe side as many are. :roll:

Back