• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pressing tummy to the floor

Marreline

Warren Scout
What does this mean? If you've read my previous post you will know I'm worried about my bun Stew - he's been to the vet as if really off colour, not eating, just not himself at all. I've made him have a run about (following someone's advice - thanks) which he's managed (needed chasing!) to get his gut stimulant going. But now kept stopping to press his tummy to the floor and now he's back in his run in the deepest darkest corner where I can't bother him. I've put the wind shield round the hutch and run so no cold draughts can get him. Should I bring him in? Not got an indoor hutch. :cry:

What does this mean? If you've read my previous post you will know I'm worried about my bun Stew - he's been to the vet as if really off colour, not eating, just not himself at all. I've made him have a run about (following someone's advice - thanks) which he's managed (needed chasing!) to get his gut stimulant going. But now kept stopping to press his tummy to the floor and now he's back in his run in the deepest darkest corner where I can't bother him. I've put the wind shield round the hutch and run so no cold draughts can get him. Should I bring him in? Not got an indoor hutch. :cry:

Hi there

Ring your vet now and get the first available appointment, bunnies can go down hill rapidly.

Have you got a heated pet pad? Found this works well wth Biscuit, also tummy massages.

TBH I would get to your vets asap.

P.S sorry have re-read so he has already been to the vet? What did they say?

Good luck

Clare x

Hi there,

Just go back from the vet an hour ago. She could find nothing wrong - no tummy issues etc. after a good poke and squeeze. She gave him an anti inflammatory, some syrup food and a gut stimulant. We have more of the same to give him through the day. Aaaaah. So stressed :cry:

He might have a dicky tummy. Keep massaging his tum tum and also offer him something easy to eat like Dandelions, herbs or banana. Keep getting him to exercise.

If it were me, I would bring him in for a bit - but you don't want to stress him out too much. Make sure if you do bring him in keep your wires covered and protected and do a quick bunny proof of the house.

Bunnies often do this when they have tummy pain. Did the vet give pain relief?

Often a heat pad and tummy rubs can help.

I hope he feels better soon now he has had some treatment :)

Hi there,

Just go back from the vet an hour ago. She could find nothing wrong - no tummy issues etc. after a good poke and squeeze. She gave him an anti inflammatory, some syrup food and a gut stimulant. We have more of the same to give him through the day. Aaaaah. So stressed :cry:

Ooo what a worry bunnies can be, did they take a good look at his teeth and ears?

He was given an anti-inflammatory (injected) - but don't know the name of it and realise I've left the receipt at the vet's so can't check right now. Is this a pain killer? I'm assuming so. How long would it take to work? :cry:

Ooo what a worry bunnies can be, did they take a good look at his teeth and ears?

She did look at his teeth and ears, yes. He does have a spike on one of his teeth but as he's been eating normally - hay, grass etc. - right up til this morning she felt she wanted to go down the route of the anti-inflammatory etc. But if he's no better tomorrow she wants him in for a GA and burring. :cry:

Back