• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what are the large tunnels called

sorry, bit of a confusing title... but im looking to get some large tunnels for Harry and Ellies run, they are slightly larger than the average bun so normal tunnels arent any use.
does anyone know what the proper 'name' of the concrete or plastic tunnels so i can search for them.

thanks xx

they are sewerage pipes.. I got mine from a builder my OH knows - I will call and ask him in a mo... :wave: It's a shame you are in stockport - I have a couple of spare pieces (less than 1m length but about 30cm diameter) that you could have.. but the postage would be immense! We could organise a tunnel run!

I use childrens tunnels often for my buns, they can use regular tunnels fine but they love kids tunnels!

I get them from the bootfair for about £1-£3 each, mine love them!

Il dig out some piccies if anyone wants to see

:wave::wave:

thanks but my plan is to build them into a hill :)
we have one of those tunnels, not sure the children would be too impressed though :lol: :lol:

They are drainage pipes - and are available at builders merchants.. ours are Twin Wall Clay 225mm ribbed outer finish. You can get smooth finish also.

You can get them in 150mm, 225mm, 300mm, 375mm and 450mm diameters.. anything above this diameter is then concrete. Plastic ones don't last as well underground.. apparantly.. although this is what they are designed for they are the least cost effective for burying underground. My other half is going to get me some supplier names/prices later so I will pop them on when he sends the info over...

Ours came in 3 metre lengths and we cut them with a saw... :wave:

For soft.. indoor tunnels Ikea had cat ones for about £4 each 1m long and 25-30cm diameter... much cheaper than on ebay etc and they are wipe clean fabric.. and they actually stand up (not like the ones from the pound shop!) :oops::lol:

I do pop to Ikea a few times a year so next time I am going I will gladly collect bits for anyone who isn't near an Ikea store - and just sort out a paypal payment with proof of posting being sent etc etc...

You can get them in 150mm, 225mm, 300mm, 375mm and 450mm diameters.. anything above this diameter is then concrete

Ooooh thanks for this. I tried to get some from Jewsons a few months ago but they didn't have anything suitable. I also want to put them in the ground - its more discrete & the buns love the one I made, however, its rapidly collapsing:(

The following link is to the manufacturer of sewer / drainage pipes.. but you can get them through BUILDBASE builders merchants. Buildbase are an agent for Hepworth products. Price is on application as the prices fluctuate with the current market apparantly. But if you search the pipe in the link by "Main Dimension" which is the diameter you can see the types and lengths of product you can get.

http://hepworth.wavin.com/master/ma...e_detail_I&FOLDER<>folder_id=1408474398580004

Other builders merchants such as Travis Perkins or Tippers etc should also be able to get them.. not sure how much they will cost though. If you know any builders they may have some lying around their site.. probably a bit muddy but in unused condition. That's how we scrounged ours :lol::lol:
Hope this is useful :wave::wave:

Back