• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So worried about Stew

Marreline

Warren Scout
He's not himself. :cry: Got him up at 8 as normal but he didn't dash straight down to the run for food. He just lay about, head down, eyes closed ish. Not him at all. Had him at the vets by 9am. She gave him a good check over, tummy, teeth, ears etc. She could find nothing wrong at all. So she's given him an anti-inflammatory injection, some gut stimulant and some syrup food. Now he's home but just looking extremely sorry for himself in his hutch with Dumpling fussing and cleaning him up. So worried. What can I do for him? :cry::cry:

Thank you.

Do bunnies do this kind of thing? Can they be off colour without it being something sinister? I don't know why but I have got it in to my head that bunnies are either tip top or at death's door. Do thye have off days? Just want everything to be okay. Can't contemplate losing him :cry::cry::cry:

Not eating. Think he pooed this morning but tricky when there are two rabbits in the hitch to always be sure. She didn't take his temperature. :cry:

Keep him warm and try and encourage him to hop around, probably the last thing he wants to do but may help get his guts moving. If he isn't eating by this afternoon I would call the vets again.

I would bring him inside so that you can monitor him and see if you can tempt him with his favourite foods and make sure he is pooing.If he has had a gut stimulant It may be an idea to try to get him to move about.I hope he starts to feel better soon

Hi there.

Thanks for asking about Stew.

He seems to be his normal naughty self today. What a scare! First time I've faced anything like that since becoming a bunny nut a year ago. Will need to get used to it I'm sure! Wonder what it was? Wonder if I could have prevented it?

Still. He's doing well now. Dead heading my plants for me and generally causing havoc. Got to love him!

:wave: Hope all is well in bunny land with you!! :wave:

Lola did the same and made a miraculous recovery, it was a very scary time for me though.:shock:

Back