• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Love Them Sooooooooooooo Much !!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
My Bunnies are the most wonderful friends and companions :love: I just have to look at them and my heart melts :love:
They all have their own little personalities and observing their behaviour and interaction is absolutely fascinating. :D
For me a life without Rabbits would be no life at all.

Sorry for that gushing post :oops: its just that my Buns are my world :love:

Don't apologise Jane because I feel exactly the same about mine, they bring me so love, joy & comfort - I can't begin to explain it. Like a lot of other people on RU, they've kept me going through some pretty tough times.

Don't apologise Jane because I feel exactly the same about mine, they bring me so love, joy & comfort - I can't begin to explain it. Like a lot of other people on RU, they've kept me going through some pretty tough times.

Its so good to know that RUers 'understand' isnt it :D

It seemes that only people who have loved a rabbit (or several!) and received love from a rabbit (or several!) understand how much they can give you, without expecting anything in return apart from a few nose rubs :D

I find myself giggling whilst my rabbits are doing their bun-olympics in the garden.. tearing around - doing some jazzy jumps... and zig zagging around... afterwards I do wonder "Do my neighbours think I'm a bit loopy?" - cos I know they wouldn't understand. You can see the personality of each rabbit and their individual sense of humour when they are playing, and how cheeky they can be.. they have a lot more inside them than many people realise :D

I dearly love my bunnies toooooo Jane :D so no need to apologise for your loved up post :D

It seemes that only people who have loved a rabbit (or several!) and received love from a rabbit (or several!) understand how much they can give you, without expecting anything in return apart from a few nose rubs :D

I find myself giggling whilst my rabbits are doing their bun-olympics in the garden.. tearing around - doing some jazzy jumps... and zig zagging around... afterwards I do wonder "Do my neighbours think I'm a bit loopy?" - cos I know they wouldn't understand. You can see the personality of each rabbit and their individual sense of humour when they are playing, and how cheeky they can be.. they have a lot more inside them than many people realise :D

I dearly love my bunnies toooooo Jane :D so no need to apologise for your loved up post :D

I especially laugh when a Bun does that 'I am about to be VERY norty' tail wag :lol:
I swear they glance over their shoulder to see if I am watching before they go on another mission of mass destruction !! :roll: :lol: :lol:

:love: :love: :love: :love:

I just sat watching mine & smiling for ages last night. They are all so different. And I think Sugar is actually a bit of a B1tch:shock::lol:

There is nothing quite like them :love::love::love:

I sat for ages last night watching Tinks grooming herself and Rudy pushing his head under her chest hoping for a groom and it went on for ages and then she eventually started washing his head, eyes, ears... when she had finished he did the most amazing happy flop. It can be stressful at times worrying about them but then they are happy they are the best de-stressers in the world :love::love::love:

Joe our rex has a habbit of waiting till I am not looking, standing in the herb basket - reaching up, and stealing BUNCHES of raspberry leaves... the plant is for them but I am trying to get it to establish a bit first!

As soon as he knows I have spotted him and I am apporaching the scene of the crime, he speedily gobbles up as many leaves as he can in a mad panic - until I am about 2 feet away from him, then legs it binkying across the grass with a whole stem of my young raspberry bush hanging out of his mouth.. flicks his feet high in the air and wobbles his head from side to side as he tears off.. around the garden... with the raspberry stem still in his mouth! He is like a dog with a toy! And he is so crafty - he plans it every time... but it is hilarious to see! You wouldn't believe he damaged his spine 12 months ago! Needless to say my raspberry bush (from £1 shop bargain) had started to grow nicely with about 20 leaves and 12" height.... now it's looking a bit bare! Rabbits are very skillful thieves!

Joe our rex has a habbit of waiting till I am not looking, standing in the herb basket - reaching up, and stealing BUNCHES of raspberry leaves... the plant is for them but I am trying to get it to establish a bit first!

As soon as he knows I have spotted him and I am apporaching the scene of the crime, he speedily gobbles up as many leaves as he can in a mad panic - until I am about 2 feet away from him, then legs it binkying across the grass with a whole stem of my young raspberry bush hanging out of his mouth.. flicks his feet high in the air and wobbles his head from side to side as he tears off.. around the garden... with the raspberry stem still in his mouth! He is like a dog with a toy! And he is so crafty - he plans it every time... but it is hilarious to see! You wouldn't believe he damaged his spine 12 months ago! Needless to say my raspberry bush (from £1 shop bargain) had started to grow nicely with about 20 leaves and 12" height.... now it's looking a bit bare! Rabbits are very skillful thieves!

I can just picture that !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is nothing quite like them :love::love::love:

I sat for ages last night watching Tinks grooming herself and Rudy pushing his head under her chest hoping for a groom and it went on for ages and then she eventually started washing his head, eyes, ears... when she had finished he did the most amazing happy flop. It can be stressful at times worrying about them but then they are happy they are the best de-stressers in the world :love::love::love:

Yes, we often need to post about all the angst caring for Bunnies can bring and all the heartbreak :cry:
But the joy of sharing a Bunny's life by far outways any anxiety and sadness that comes when they are poorly or when we have to say goodbye to them.

For me just a moment in time spent with a Bun makes everything else 'managable'. Not necessarily 'easy', but managable :)

This is what is making me so sad at the moment. I love just watching my bunnies play and have fun but with so many poorly ones at the moment I am rushing around so much I just don't have the time to enjoy them :(

Mind you I do manage a few sneeky peeks at Stanley sleeping every so often that always makes me smile :love::love:

I agree :) I'm still pretty new here but it's an enormous relief to be around people who feel exactly the same way I do, who look at their rabbits with an enormous swelling of pride (including lump in the throat) with how far they've come and just how much they enjoy life, who look at rabbits as a great source of entertainment just by sitting on the grass and watching them for an hour binkying around the garden and getting up to various levels of mischief, and also biting our fingernails right down to the nailbed with worry for every poo that appears which is anything less than perfect looking!

People who don't say 'Oh but it's just a rabbit isn't it?' or who give me funny looks over the fence for talking to bunnies as much as I do :oops:

Thank you everyone just for being here and for sharing these feelings x

I miss mine so much when im at uni. i dont know how i do it, especially when i sit here with them now and i think how can i ever leave them :(

but my neighbours DO think im potty. as i crawled into a zooplus run once going "Smelly Jelly Bellllllllly"

:oops:

yeh.....

I miss mine so much when im at uni. i dont know how i do it, especially when i sit here with them now and i think how can i ever leave them :(

but my neighbours DO think im potty. as i crawled into a zooplus run once going "Smelly Jelly Bellllllllly"

:oops:

yeh.....

:lol: I can imagine - I do that all the time when I'm at home!!! I just lie in the run with Velvet and she loves it -running around me, jumping over me, and lying on my belly!!! :lol:

It's brilliant!!!!

I feel sorry for people who think 'oh its just a Rabbit'.
They are missing out on so much joy.

:thumb:

I know my neighbours think I'm mad, they were free ranging and I was pretending they were having conversations and the my neighbour gave my the dirtiest/strangest look. Whenever I see her out she's just like... "Mm hi Hetty" under her breathe.
Do I care?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I feel sorry for people who think 'oh its just a Rabbit'.
They are missing out on so much joy.

I agree.... :censored:

It really p*****s me off when a lot of people say oh it's juts a rabbit or it's a bleeding dog they don't have feelings etc, same goes for anyy animals really.....

Well this may sound harsh but in my experience a lot of men says it and that's one of the reason why I hate men, I've not met one who loves animals!!!!!!

Back