• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly lump, Roly flop-lug, Honey dirt-feet and the animal room

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
I thought I'd add some photos of our newest little furry family member. She's called Molly and I got her from the SSPCA centre in Dundee. She's a very friendly little hamster and loves her sunflower seeds.

She loves to hide in my sleeve but I might have to stop her doing that as she peed in my favourite fleece the other day.

She had a little sticky eye when I first got her but thanks to regular bathing it's all cleared up now.

P1040742.jpg

aww look at meee! I'm a coot wittul hamster, I no pee in you seeve!
P1040752.jpg

P1040778.jpg

Here's a few pics of Roly and Honey in the snow we had in March

P1030739.jpg

P1030747.jpg

P1030756.jpg

Roly.....not......LIKE!
P1030757.jpg

My rattys sharing a um... tender girly moment
Oh Cluedo you is the smellist girl I knows. I luvs you so much!
scrabble_cluedo002.jpg

I moved into my new flat on the 28th of Feb and since then I've been getting all the animals in. Here is what my new animal room looks like compared to the old one...

My old room at my parents house
old_room001.jpg

Snake tanks
old_room002.jpg

The tarantula taxi
tarantula_taxi002.jpg

My new animal room (not with all animals in)
animal_room001.jpg

The big black snake tank is currently in my master bedroom. What the heck, I can have my favourites can't I?:oops:

AWWW at the rats and hammy :love: You should see the photo of my front room from the other day :shock::lol::lol:

gorgeous pets...
apart from The tarantula taxi ... dont like tarantulas :(:oops:

edit: Do you handle all your animals.. such as the snakes and tarantulas ?

Last edited:
:lol: Ha ha ha!!! :lol:
Imagine if the police had pulled you over and looked in your boot...... Would have been a bit of a shock to see all the tarantulas!!!!

gorgeous pets...
apart from The tarantula taxi ... dont like tarantulas :(:oops:

edit: Do you handle all your animals.. such as the snakes and tarantulas ?

I handle all my snakes and some of the trantulas but some of the tarantulas are in no way suitable for handling. :lol:

Here's Slig showing off his fangs
P1040732.jpg

I handle all my snakes and some of the trantulas but some of the tarantulas are in no way suitable for handling. :lol:

P1040732.jpg

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
OH MY!!
sent shivered down my back!!

i dont mind snakes... its the trantulas!! :lol::lol:
:)

Excellent pics!!

Do we presume that slig is not suitable for handling?? ;)

Have you been bitten by the spiders at all?

Amazing looking beasties :)

Excellent pics!!

Do we presume that slig is not suitable for handling?? ;)

Have you been bitten by the spiders at all?

Amazing looking beasties :)

Slig and his mate Skua are both African baboon tarantulas and a bite, although not life threatening, would be painful.

Tarantulas from the old world (Africa, Europe, Asia) tend to have nasty attitudes and a more painful bite then their new world cousins. Tarantulas from the new world (America, Australia) tend to be more docile but have something called urticating hair. This hair is present on the abdomen and can be rubbed off if the tarantula feels threatened. If it comes into contact with the skin it can leave a rash and can cause a fair bit of pain if inhaled or gotten in the eye.

Most of my tarantulas are new worlders but I'd only handle the most docile ones and never my old worlders. I've been keeping tarantulas for nearly 5 years but have not been bitten yet. :D

:im scared of a penny spider:shock:
but transulers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
i couldent look at that pic:lol:
Oh my!!!
i carnt go near a spider&SNAKES:shock::shock:
ilove your hammy & rats&buns:):love:

P1040732.jpg

Ooooh he's a handsome chap! I really want a T but i fear i would send my housemate screaming out of the door here at student land and reduce my brother to a quivering wreck on the floor. He's scared enough of sarah (my iccle corn snake)

Back