• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had the randomest argument with my vet receptionist

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Seriously, I'm so very weary...I have been digging up trees for three days so am shattered and ran up to the vet straight after work to get sorrel her VHD jab....looked at her teeth while we were there and her spurs are getting long again. They sell timothy hay at the vet so I thought I'd get her some as a treat cos she's poorly.

the receptionist spent all of 15 minutes trying to talk me out of it saying it was expensive hay and I could get cheaper at the farm, I repeatedly said I was happy to pay for it as a once in a while treat and could she please just sell me it and let me go home but she kept arguing the toss!

Then she started telling me how she has some wooden elephants at home which have lost her tusks so whenever the vets do an incisor removal she keeps the bun's teeth to stick on the elephants?!

I know people have much bigger problems than this but i'm so very, very tired and thought i could at least have a simple vet trip without hassle!

Seriously i'm not even kidding, she's insane. they next time she tries to tell me what kind of hay to buy I might just slap her.

Or say "well I prefer the taste of the expensive one" open a bag and walk out chewing a stalk :) Out weird the weirdo ;)

haha brilliant :lol: I feel better now. not that it's worth getting annoyed over but I've had a crummy week and she really wound me up :evil:

Last edited:
Or say "well I prefer the taste of the expensive one" open a bag and walk out chewing a stalk :) Out weird the weirdo ;)

lmao that would be so funny if you did that!! Some of the people who work at my vets are strange too, surely she would get in trouble if the boss knew she was trying to talk you out of making a purchase!!

At least she makes conversation :lol:

The receptionist at the vets I use has a very bad attitude problem, and it's embarrassing seeing her deal with clients. She only has communication and customer service skills when it suits her :roll:

Must be on the job description. The receptionist at my old vets was crazy. She started shouting at me one day when I was paying the bill and the card machine went weird. She blamed it on me. I didn't like to suggest that she was probably just having a 'senior moment' and technology was probably not her forte.

Your receptionist sounds particularly weird and all I can say is, if she takes leftover bits home from work then thank god she doesn't work in the hospital!!!! :roll:

Deary me I thought they were meant to want you to buy stuff at vets not try to talk you out of it. :roll: Luckily I don't have vet receptionists like that thank goodness. They just ask after my mum and dad. :lol:

normally she just forces people to look at albums of cat photos til theyre late for their appointments :roll::lol:

i might have to send someone else in with sorrel next time cos I still want to slap this woman :lol:

Back