• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wont be letting Lola and Lucy out any more unsupervised.

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

I have had problems with my ASBO NEIGHBOURS (32 & 13 YRS) who have both been served with ASBO;s and Harrassment Orders. Its true to say we despise each other.

She did have a rabbit which she badly mistreat and I called the RSPCA twice and sadly bunny was killed when her boyfriend threw a slab threw the window during a drunken fight.

She now has two Greyhounds sat in her back garden! NO WAY amd I letting my buns out!

Woman cant even look after her kid properly never mind any kind of animal!

I adore Greyhounds, always wanted a rescue one but now I have the buns its a definate NO NO.

What makes me think is that I know for definate that my neighbour and her daughter are PETRIFIED of dogs, so it seems strange she has two Greyhounds sat on her back lawn!

Aaaaw, that's dreadful :(. Makes me really appreciate just how wonderful my neighbours are. Hope they don't cause you any problems.

Don't assume the greyhounds will automatically go for the bunnies - lots of them won't. You should only have a problem if they are ex-racers. Greyhounds are wonderful misunderstood animals who love lying on the couch in front of a fire. I love greyhounds :love:

Oh no what a nightmare, as fiona says they might not go for them but i would risk leaving them unsupervised! :(

Fiona, I love them too.:love: People think they need so much exercise, but they are so lazy! I always try to walk the greyhounds/lurchers when I walk for the Dogs Trust - their little faces make me melt and they have the most gorgeous almond shaped eyes.

I am anxious when I let them out anyhow but I would hate it for anything to happen.

If you met my neighbour you would understand! Ggggrrrr!

Maybe so - but would you take that chance in finding out?

If my garden was secure then yes I would take the chance. Why condemn the two lovely girlies to a life inside because of something that "might" happen? As long as Cat's garden is secure I can't see the problem - I also believe that she doesn't leave them outside unattended so she'd see the dogs coming over the fence or wall.

Hi folks.

I have had problems with my ASBO NEIGHBOURS (32 & 13 YRS) who have both been served with ASBO;s and Harrassment Orders. Its true to say we despise each other.

She did have a rabbit which she badly mistreat and I called the RSPCA twice and sadly bunny was killed when her boyfriend threw a slab threw the window during a drunken fight.

She now has two Greyhounds sat in her back garden! NO WAY amd I letting my buns out!

Woman cant even look after her kid properly never mind any kind of animal!

I can't believe this happened to a little bunny!!!! I think I would have bunny napped it. Keep an eye on the dogs and get her reported again if they aren't being cared for. She sounds as though she should be banned from having any sort of animal!!

Fiona, I love them too.:love: People think they need so much exercise, but they are so lazy! I always try to walk the greyhounds/lurchers when I walk for the Dogs Trust - their little faces make me melt and they have the most gorgeous almond shaped eyes.

I am anxious when I let them out anyhow but I would hate it for anything to happen.

If you met my neighbour you would understand! Ggggrrrr!

Cat, from what I've read about your neighbour (on here and on facebook) it wouldn't surprise me if she got them cos she knew it would wind you up. Get out in your garden with your girls and stick 2 fingers up to the numpty

Cat, from what I've read about your neighbour (on here and on facebook) it wouldn't surprise me if she got them cos she knew it would wind you up. Get out in your garden with your girls and stick 2 fingers up to the numpty

Exactly what I was thinking - !!!! She is not the most intelligent of folk, its the White Lightening thats addled her brain!

Is there no way you could put up a six foot fence. My neighbours three doors down have dogs and they escape on a regular basis into my neighbours garden but they can't get through to ours because of the six foot fences.

My neighbour has an ex racer (greyhound) who is regularly left out in the garden. When my buns are out he sits with his nose pressed to the fence, peering throught the slats and whining. My buns are so cheeky - they go right up to the fence to check him out! He's never tried to jump the five foot fence but i wouldn't put it past him and I always stay on guard if he's out. That said, I never leave my buns unsupervised as we have a number of cats in the vicinity. I can usually sit at the top of the garden but like to move over to the fence if the greyhound's about.

I agree with the fact not all greyhounds are chasers etc but they arent in the right hands. By the sounds of your neighbours wont bother and I agree with what someone has said already, she probably got them just so it would iritate you :evil:

What a nightmare!

Could you buy a big secure bunny run for them to have playtime in instead? Expensive option I know, but you'd have a lot more peace of mind and they wouldn't miss out on outdoor life.

you can buy a few sonic scarers that you set for dogs only..thatd be start.

im afraid even supervised seeing a dog or horror.2 coming into your garden wont be quick enough for you to rescue the buns:(

invest in a playpen metal panelled run and put a aviary panel secured to the top?

zooplus sell some reallyhugh sided ones.

I have a seven foot fence around my garden, the onyl way a dog could get in is if someone threw it over, the gate is the same height and is doubly padlocked with steel chain, its like Fort Knox but I still feel uneasy. To be honest I would not trust any dog near my buns, I know some people who have buns have dogs as well and they get on great and thats fab as I love to see differnt species of animals getting along:)

If my garden was secure then yes I would take the chance. Why condemn the two lovely girlies to a life inside because of something that "might" happen? As long as Cat's garden is secure I can't see the problem - I also believe that she doesn't leave them outside unattended so she'd see the dogs coming over the fence or wall.

Not sure I would go with the word "condemned" in description of the indoor lifestyle. :? I don't mean to nitpick, but if a bunny's safety was in question, I would never take a chance. A life indoors for 10 years seems a far better option than 4 years outside just to be eaten.

My bunnies enjoy free run of a studio apartment and are quite happy. :)

Back