• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blue Tit nest: U/D They are on the move!!!

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
No Im not having octuplets and neither is Daisy :shock:

Here is the before...
TheNightBefore.jpg

...and this afternoon :D
Eggs.jpg

Its all very exciting. I bought dad the bird box with camera a year ago. He had no takers last year and moved the box. This year Mr & Mrs Blue Tit have set up home. For the last week or so, after the mad nest building phase, the little female has been coming back and sleeping in there on her own. She is so cute she faffs around every evening until she gets comfy then she tucks her head under her wing and goes to sleep :love:

Last edited:
thats great!!
we never have any nesting birds... as we have 2 large trees by us where they nest :lol:
:love:

My dad is so excited :lol: I'll defo post piccies when they hatch I think it should be about 10 days or so?! I'll see if I can get some of dads video footage as well!

thats so cool would be mint if we could have a live feed,my daughters grandparents have cam in a bird box but no birds like it:roll: i wouldn want to live with them eva:lol::lol::lol:
I have a blackbird nest on my allotment (nearly got rip out with a old shed) got 4 babies in it:love: but down side is im stuck with a rotten shed till they move out:lol::lol: little cuties

Ooh would it be possible to do a live feed to the Internet like Alvin TV? I'm not technically minded! The wire from the box slinks round the garden through a window and into dads PC he can obviously get live feed and can record it! Any ideas how he can get it live on the Internet? I'll phone him at a more respectable hour tomorrow and ask for a little clip of mummy Blue Tit :D

Yes we have been calling dad The new Bill Oddie :lol:

Oh wow this is amazing! I didn't even know they made such bird boxes! :love:

I hope they all hatch happy and well! Bluetits have some epic litters - when I was younger we counted 16 birds leave a nest and we're pretty sure that we missed a couple at the beginning :lol:

16 :shock: I googled some info and it did say Blue **** are renowned for having large clutches of eggs!

I was amazed how many bird boxes with cameras there are! They range from about £60 upwards this was only about £70! Lots come all made up and are litterally 'plug n play'!

Can I ask where you got that birdbox and camera, my parents would love that and it would make such a great present for them. Mind, I guess it could be disppointing if nothing used the box....almost like just giving them a box as a present lol.

Quick update: Mummy Blue Tit is now sitting on her eggs. There are a total of 11 of them :shock:

MummyBlueTit.jpg

Charys, sorry, neither of us can remember which seller the set up eventually came from. I spent ages trawling through them on the internet..there are loads out there! It might be printed on the box, but obviously we can't check at the mo :D I decided to go with a fairly cheap one as we're not major bird watchers or anything.

ETA We're trying to figure out how to convert some video footage to a size (memory) suitable for viewing on here!

Last edited:
Awwh :love::love:

My father in law would love one of these, hes always sitting in the garden watching the birds. They seem to vary alot in price :?

xXx

Wow - the video is amazing!!!!!!! :D

Can't wait to see footage of the baby chicks when they hatch :love::love::love:

Come on baby birdies, hurry up and hatch :lol:

What a fab present. Mum is a right little fidget bum, but I guess sitting on eggs is hardly comfy!

It'll be amazing seeing them hatch

What a fab present. Mum is a right little fidget bum, but I guess sitting on eggs is hardly comfy!

She is so funny! We think she was laying an egg a day and burying them in the nest before finally sitting on them. Dad has several clips of her with her head right down the bottom of the nest, bottom in the air and once or twice she almost topples backwards :lol: Before she started sitting on them in the day she used to sleep in the nest only at night. Each night she would come in and faff around for ages moving things and wriggling around before she'd tuck her head under her wing and sleep :love: Cant wait for the little chicks, I hope dad manages to get some footage of them hatching!

Back