• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Truffle's spay wound

How long is it going to be until this thing heals over?

When we took her to the emergency vet on Sunday night it had scabbed over and looked very sore! She didn't flinch when the vet touched it. Its about the size of a penny :shock:

I have checked her today and it still looks sore. Still redish. Poor bunny. I know the vet said there was nothing he could do to glue it back up again as its scabbed over.

She is booked into proper vets tomorrow at 9:15. She is still on Baytril but I still feel for my little girl. when is she going to look better?:cry::cry:

Sorry i cant help, ive never had a female rabbit spayed before. When Strawberry had a bite wound to his leg it healed over fully within about a week if thats any help to you?

Its still a bit of a wopper of a wound! Bless her! Bet she isn't feeling the perkiest but she isn't acting like it. She has just climbed all over me and licked my face all for a little treat!!!:love::love::love:

I am just so worried about infection or it just never healing!!!:shock:

You will know if it gets infected as it wil start to yellow. If she is seeing the vet tomorrow anyways then I wouldnt worry. She sounds as though she is happy enough! lol

Daisys spay wound took 3 months to heal:( It got infected as she had fiddled around with the stitches herself,cue another [emergency ]op to debride the wound.Then it just didnt heal despite weeks of antibiotics,It was only when I suggested that I give her baytril by injection everyday that it started to heal [I wasnt convinced she was getting the antibiotic orally]. 2 years later she's fit and healthy -although the vets admitted they didnt think she would make it. Good luck,lots of spay wound healing vibes coming your way

Thanks. Did your little girls wound have a scab on it? She is acting completely normal but its just such a worry! Just want her to be all better. Feel like we have put her through the works. Having to go to emergency vets and all!

Sorry no advice or help as I haven't had Daisy spayed yet - but good luck at vets tomorrow!

Thanks! I just hope she doesn't have to be operated on again! But I just want her to get better. She is just sat at my feet happily scoffing her Pellets.

I think Bean has been trying to lick her wound today though! eeeeeeek. I tried to distract him by giving him a bit of banana.

Oh god Truffle will hate that if thats what we have to do!

I rekon I might be in for a shock when we get to the vets tomorrow!!!

Hopefully it wont come to that-I'm the only one that I know of who's had such problems.I think it was cos I hadnt noticed her fiddling with her stitches,and the infection had a chance to set in.[plus I hadnt found this forum].Rabbits!!!! :roll:why do we put ourselves through this!!?

Hopefully it wont come to that-I'm the only one that I know of who's had such problems.I think it was cos I hadnt noticed her fiddling with her stitches,and the infection had a chance to set in.[plus I hadnt found this forum].Rabbits!!!! :roll:why do we put ourselves through this!!?

Completely. I was sooooo shocked on Sunday when I saw that it had come open! We aren't sure when she did it as when we checked her the previous day it was fine. So she was rushed into the emergency vets a midnight! :shock::shock: Vet gave the wound a clean with some swabs and said it looked ok and not infected.

She has been on baytril ever since.

Hopefully it won't come to that!

Just had another look and its looking very pink and swollen round the edges of the scab. It looks like the scab is making the skin bunch up.
:cry::cry::cry:

Poor girl! I feel like a rubbish dad!

Back